1994 Lotus Monocoque; Meets it's maker.

Re: 1994 Lotus Monocoque *First ride; Pg 3*

" Hey mista, can i have a go on you bike" ;) :cool:

Re: 1994 Lotus Monocoque *First ride; Pg 3*

Gruff":18h8quy3 said:
" Hey mista, can i have a go on you bike" ;) :cool:

Hehe, Ironically, I'd love another persons view on the ride!

I just can't get enough of this beauty. Sooooooooo Smoooooooth. Loving it.

SAM_0470.jpg

SAM_0356.jpg

Re: 1994 Lotus Monocoque

I don't know how I missed this thread originally but the pic in BOTM just leapt off the page when I saw it. Can you guess how I voted? I really love these bikes for their uncluttered elegance and timelessness and I've never even seen one in the flesh. It's great that you obviously enjoy riding it too, I'm very envious! One day perhaps........

I've been a little inactive around these parts (I blame buying the car and working too hard)

But just wanted to drop by and congratulate you on the build. Did you ever get to speak to Chris about it? He was quite happy to discuss it when I spoke to him a few years back. I'm sorry to say that 3/4 years after buying mine, I've still not quite gotten around to restoring it. Space and time, the two limits on an otherwise easy life!

Absolutely love it and the fact that it gets ridden. Had my vote. Still made me go oooooh, just like the first time I saw one on the track.

Nice job of the resto too.

Again, thanks for the kind words guys. I'm actually surprised it's gone down so well!

JeRkY":2f17oacp said:
Did you ever get to speak to Chris about it? He was quite happy to discuss it when I spoke to him a few years back. I'm sorry to say that 3/4 years after buying mine, I've still not quite gotten around to restoring it. Space and time, the two limits on an otherwise easy life!

Nope. Life keeps getting in the way. We've exchanged a few e-mails, but I MUST ring him.

I should probably make it clear how BRITISH this bike is.

1. designed by Chris Hornzee-Jones in brighton.
2. Manufactured somewhere on the south Coast (I believe on the Isle of Wight?)
3. Taken to a shop in Surrey.
4. Bought back to Southampton (Me).

Honestly... it's crying out for some Brit bits....

This thread ain't dead yet... Sorry.

I've been spending a bit of time with some other bikes, and the Lotus got a bit jealous, so I treated her to some new jewellery.

Then;

Now;

Pace RC35ab's, Kore stem, M900/Campy Atek wheels wrapped in some Smoke/Darts, Onza Ules, and a nice grey flite. Mainly, it no longer bugs me that there were modern bits on it!

And I weighed it the other day; 23.5 lb. Tidy. :D

Still loving every minute on this bike.

Re:

I preceded the red forks and silver stem myself, but then it not my bike :)

I would however say I really don't like the more stem, it screams out it's logos more than anything else on the bike.

That's it, its a lovely bike and the only other criticism I can think of is that it's not mine and it should be.

Back