Can you still easily get 35mm film developed?

Chute55uk":nrme8e0q said:
I have seen data recovered from a hard drive that was in more than one piece. but in any event its a costly process. a quick google shows a few develop and print by post options so you should be fine.
I bought a 35mm praktika mtl 50 35mm film slr from the carboot for 2 quid (fully working) thats definitely the best place to pick up a decent cheap camera. you can get compacts for 50p.
my chosen format these days is to send the images taken digitally to a processor like vistaprint and get a book printed. they give a much better professional finish with text (if you can be bothered to put it in) for a 10er.
so maybe use a cheap digital and look at online printing options.

I have a digital, it's a Fuji Finepix s8000, got it cheaper from Fuji when we gave them our old one, it takes crappy pictures though :roll: although that could just be me :facepalm:

I'll look around online for printing, but will have a look at vistaprint.

Alison

Post it off to Bristol cameras, £3.99 a roll plus £2.50 flat rate postage for dev+scan, which is pretty much THE cheapest in the country. Plus it's a proper lab and not some pimply faced untrained teenager operating a dusty machine in the back room of ASDA.

I shoot a lot of film, I have a Pentax ME Super and Zenit-E.

Also, run Recuva or Photorec on the hard drive. Your friendly neighbourhood geek will probably do it for a few quid or some beer (I would).

Joe of Loath":90zw1g3o said:
Post it off to Bristol cameras, £3.99 a roll plus £2.50 flat rate postage for dev+scan, which is pretty much THE cheapest in the country. Plus it's a proper lab and not some pimply faced untrained teenager operating a dusty machine in the back room of ASDA.

I shoot a lot of film, I have a Pentax ME Super and Zenit-E.

Also, run Recuva or Photorec on the hard drive. Your friendly neighbourhood geek will probably do it for a few quid or some beer (I would).

My first camera bought by me old mum, well quite a young mum then, was a Zenit TTL :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

Alison

Chute55uk":5gith4bi said:
yes, snappy snaps amongst others still develop it, 35mm aint dead yet!
http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/services/p ... essing.php

Max Spielmann are pretty good too (owned by Timpson, the key-cutting/shoe repair firm, so you'd expect them to be decent based on Timpson's reputation). Truprint are still going if you want to try the mail order route, but their pre-printed ordering envelopes seem hard to come by (you can go to www.truprint.co.uk and ask for some to be sent out to you). If you opt for Snappy Snaps, best to phone up first just in case the branch is shut due to a faded 80s pop star having driven a car into it. ;)

David

Back