SWAP: Carbon 456 for Cannondale

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Again, this is a tentative post just to see what's out there. But I could be tempted by the right Dale :D

I'm tempted by a F Series (or even a Scalpel if I'm lucky!) with a spec similar to my 456. I'd prefer a Lefty fork, but a Headshok would also be good. Size needs to be Medium (16-18") :)

Here's the spec of my 456C:

Frame: 16 inch On One 456 Nude Carbon, very good condition. Tapered Headtube. Stealth decals :cool:
Forks: Magura Menja 130. PERFECT working order and VVGC but MIGHT benefit from a service as I don't think they've ever had one.
Headset: Hope Integrated (1.5" with a 1,1/8" reducer in the bottom). Perfect condition.
Stem: Crank Brothers Cobalt 2. Perfect condition.
Bars. Crank Brothers Cobalt 2. Perfect condition.
Seatpost: On One Twelfty. Perfect condition.
Seatclamp: Hope. Perfect condition.
Saddle: Charge Spoon. Perfect condition.
Wheels: Hope Pro 3 SP hubs laced to DT XR4.20 Rims. Hubs are perfect and rear freehub is LOUD!!. Rims are VVGC.
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph. Pacestar Compound. VVGC. Tubeless ready.
Rear Mech: XT M770 Medium Cage. VVGC.
Front Mech (not pictured): XT ?M770?. VGC.
Shifters: XT M770. Perfect condition.
Chainset: XT M770. VVGC.
Cassette: XT M770.
Brakes: XTR M970. VVGC. Spare set of VVGC levers included (very hard to get hold of and perfect for spares or replacements).
Brake Rotors: Alligator Windcutter. 180/160.

As you can see, it's a pretty decent spec. I've never weighed it, but I'd guess at around the 24lb mark with pedals.

I'd also think about a frame/fork swap.

Thanks

Pics (note - these were taken when the bike was first built. The spec now reflects the list above):

IMAG0205_zps4ed84927.jpg

IMAG0204_zpsa5fe248b.jpg

IMAG0210_zpsc9e8167c.jpg

IMAG0208_zps92b1cecc.jpg

IMAG0235_zps116271d6.jpg

highlandsflyer":bs7r6yl0 said:
That's a beaut Barney. Any particular reason you are getting rid? I am just building up a Carbon 456 hence my interest!

No particular reason. I'm just a bike tart! That and I quite fancy a Lefty Dale :cool:

Ah yes, that one. I've commented on that before:

Barneyballbags":3a6l4lgh said:
Sweet baby Jeebus...

That's my idea of the perfect 'Dale hardtail right there. Wow :cool:

So I've just sent you a PM ;)

I'm splitting my 456 now, so I'll start a separate for sale thread for everything.

Please don't register interest for parts on here because I won't check it.

Back