And today I did......

I opened a nice package containing a Hope Centre lock Spider and 5 bolt 185mm disc in it. Just need to find the rear spider now...

Should I use threadlock on the disc bolts?

Thank you

If I don't have the right tool what should I use on the centrelock - one of those rubber jar lid strap tools i.e. gator grip and should I copper ease the thread?

Many thanks

kaiser":ie5hygdu said:
Is it wrong to get excited by mudguards and touring tyres?

Yes.
I don't deny such things are necessities, but they're not (or shouldn't be) exciting.

Bullpup":4l2r4zgd said:
Thank you

If I don't have the right tool what should I use on the centrelock - one of those rubber jar lid strap tools i.e. gator grip and should I copper ease the thread?

Many thanks

If it's the one i used to have, a bottom bracket pin spanner fitted. if you don't have one, Park ones are fairly cheap and useful for lots of jobs.

pulled a nice shiney polished frame out of the corner of the bike shop an started to build it up using what ever i can find, so far truvitive cranks an some cool looking alloy mag type wheels with proper bearings, couldnt find any forks to fit so on hold, err found some cool front wheels while digging, lx an deore hubs with mavic rims. thats about it, my el-cheapo bike stands come in post :) hope its ok

Bullpup":3gydqoyv said:
I opened a nice package containing a Hope Centre lock Spider and 5 bolt 185mm disc in it. Just need to find the rear spider now...

Should I use threadlock on the disc bolts?

As clubby said use a Park pin tool, I've had no problem with the lock ring coming loose using one.
The only time I've used threadlock on the disc bolts is when I've used new bolts with the thread lock on the bolt already.
When I refit them I don't bother with thread lock but do put copper grease on threads since I use titanium bolts but not had any bolts slacken off titanium or steel.

The Ken":2n7v9fey said:
monsteroad ( I have just invented that BTW)

stoater-ft-overview.jpg

That'll be monstercross that is.

clubby":35xvu1rc said:
kaiser":35xvu1rc said:
Is it wrong to get excited by mudguards and touring tyres?

Yes.
I don't deny such things are necessities, but they're not (or shouldn't be) exciting.

Your probably right..... :facepalm: cannae help it though.

Back