Dialled Alpine SS

Cheers bud, you missed yourself yesterday BTW top day out!

I liked your bike so much I unashamedly "took inspiration" from it when building my new alpine up. I realise I may get flamed for this as it's anything but retro, but I thought it might amuse you so here goes...

IMG_3815 by davejoe054, on Flickr

Looks like it might just be the mucky nutz making it look tight. I like that alot, looks roomy enough in the top tube which was the problem with mine. Nice job, hows it ride? Mine felt small and as such when jumping it was pretty unstable, great fun in the twistys though. As you can tell I've moved it on now.

superstu, the photo is deceptive, there is plenty of room even under the Mucky Nutz. You can see a little better in this photo.

9772168005_ded7a939f7.jpg

kaiser, I've had a couple of real awesome rides on it so far, including a 40km with some steep climbing. I'm 6'2" but I am going to be able to make this work as an all day bike no problem, it climbs really well. Jumping it feels just great. I am chuffed!

Looking great this. Serial bike builders know that some builds work well and some don't just like many topics its not black and white easy one size fits all outcomes. You gotta keep playing till you discover your magic formula. I've built far too many SS bikes over last few years. Some are great some less even commuted on one. I'm building another soon just like this with posher tubing. Do you plan to try gears on this one? Another cool modern retro bike build.

swingbing":3fbs0mxy said:
superstu, the photo is deceptive, there is plenty of room even under the Mucky Nutz. You can see a little better in this photo.
Slightly off topic, but is that the XL bender fender? I thought they (only) faced backwards? :oops: :?

Otherwise, great looking bike - looks like it will handle a lot of different styles whilst putting a smile on your face :D

Superstu - handling lots of different styles of riding is exactly what I built it for and it's living up to my expectations brilliantly :D

That is the XL fender bender, which normally sticks out in front a lot more. I cut mine down though as I though it was ugly and of little benefit.

reanimation - not sure from your post whether you realised that my bike is a different bike from kaisers who's thread I've hijacked! I am running gears on this one as I use it for all types of riding :)

Hiya, yeah I spotted yours Swingbing. Looks extremly fab also. I built my Bfe initially SS as its all I had and what the old frame had. I do prefer it geared mind with a top qual chain device but then with a full stable room for dedicated SSer, and with SS at least you know everything is intact for the gnarliest runs

Back