GT Karakoram (93 ish I think)

losidan

Senior Retro Guru
Bought this earlier in the year but not getting much use. It has some issues for sure bur reflected in price. £25 picked up and it's yours. It was originally advertised as a 17" when I bought it but it's 16" max.

Deore LX mechs, cranks, shifters and brakes. 8 speed. Still useable. I've been using it to ride over the moors to work about once a week. Shifters work great and no play in BB. Seatpost and quick release work spot on.

Not so good.
Front wheel seems to be siezed on. I've never seen that before. The quick release skewer plastic cover spins round but.the main bit wont loosen. I didn't push it for fear of knacking it more. Rear wheel has loads of play. I reckon some of the bearings are missing.

Play in headset. Frame has some scratching. It's still painted but in parts rough.

There are some bolts siezed in on the stem. I didn't want to push it and end up rounding them.

Saddle has a rip on the back.

As I say it is actually rideable as is. I was on it last week and some chap on a spangly new full susser was gutted whenI belted past him on the trail near me. I pissed myself laughing!

Or just split it for bits. I was going to do stuff with it but I've just shelled out on a 29er and it is way too small for me.

Pick up only I'm afraid. I'm based in Bingley but happy to meet in reasonable distance.

20130525_170807_zps9ff6f9d2.jpg

Whats the seattube measure from the centre of the bottom bracket to the centre of the top tube please?

I checked and you were right. 18"

So I was close. Wrong year and size! I'm good at this!

Back