Pace RC200 F2 build

welly

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, finally managed to purchase a pace frame after wanting 1 for years. The plan is to build it quick and get out on it ASAP. I would love to keep it in the garage and build it with the parts I want but in truth I can't afford to do it now and I can't wait to get out on it. I have decided to spend what money I have on the bits I like, such as pace forks and hope wheels then try and build it up using any old rubbish that will fit ( I know, this will horrify some folk but I just need to get out on it ). I am lucky enough to have friends that can loan me a few XT brakes/ shifters and odd bits but still going to have to try source things on the cheap to get it on the road . I received the frame this week and in my heart I know it is a little on the small side for me but I will get around this I'm sure. I'm hoping to get it up and running within a week so will post pics up as I go along and then update pics when I replace friends parts with purchased goodies.

Anyhow, here is the project. Wish me luck.

Thanks.

Welly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,056
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,056
Brother you got taste.. in the words of Huey Lewis "its Hip to be Square" the F2 is the finest frame Pace built

Forks are about 3-4yrs newer than the frame, but will still look great.

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Good luck :D

and i agree with your attitude (no klein pun intended ;) ) ride it - you can upgrade, tweak and polish later :cool:

The frames not too small the seatpost isn't long enough. These pace frames are my unicorn. I'd be afraid to ride one in case it didn't live up to my high expectations

Nice work Welly,

Love your sentiments, make sure you get a correct fitting seatpost, think it'll be a 27.0 (my F1 is) but if possible get a shop to check this out, and don't be tempted to get a shimmed post (USE or X lite etc) as it'll put undue pressure on the seat tube junction (mine cracked, lucky it was caught in time to repair)

Look forward to seeing some build picks :)

Rich

Forks thrown in with wrong size steerer and wheels popped on just to see how the height is going to be. Definatly going to need a 400mm post but should look nice. Just ordered a 1 inch headset and waiting to find a 1 inch steerer then can start really moving with this. Sorry about the miss match with they tyres, building it it with bits from old bikes.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1234863_10151932724909458_231047056_n.jpg
    1234863_10151932724909458_231047056_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 971
Rich":2c9291f1 said:
Nice work Welly,

Love your sentiments, make sure you get a correct fitting seatpost, think it'll be a 27.0 (my F1 is) but if possible get a shop to check this out, and don't be tempted to get a shimmed post (USE or X lite etc) as it'll put undue pressure on the seat tube junction (mine cracked, lucky it was caught in time to repair)

Look forward to seeing some build picks :)

Rich

Cheers rich, your right a 27.2 does not fit, tried another post and nearly got it stuck :oops:

27.0 mm it is then.

Welcome mate, there's a few budget 27.0 posts out there, I have one you can have if you can't find one 400mm, karma plus postage :)

Rich

Budget post and headset ordered.

Cheers for the offer of the post though Rich much appreciated.

A couple of extra. Bits added, think the 1 inch steerer is going to be the stumbling block, can't source one from anywhere :(

Called pace direct and they are waiting for them to come in and would cost nearly as much as I paid for the forks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 905
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 905
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 905
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 905
Have you sent a PM to Justbackdated, he may be able to sort you out with a steerer/service for your forks :)

Back