The wife, the bat and the kitchen - ANOTHER ONE!!

grumpycommuter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
'Karl, Karl, Karl' shouted the good lady, 'i need you now'. It's a bit early for that i thought, the kids are only just in bed!

A quick investigation reveals not a fruity wife but a long eared brown bat sitting on a shelf looking quite disgruntled.

Even had to wake the kids up to show them it was that exciting.. I remember seeing a dead pipistrelle when i was young but this was ace.

I rang 'The Bat Line' (i hope the other end was attached to a red phone) and left a message and then the RSPCA, who were great. Gloves on, pick it up, stick it on a teatowel and then hang this on a washing line because they like to take off from the perpendicular apparently. I got the gloves on, picked the bat up which then shot off from nowhere near the perpendicular.

A brief 'Keystone Cops / Benny Hill' style chase around the house ensued whilst the kids laughed themselves silly. Eventually i took a slip catch that David Gower would have been proud of and the bat was free to go!

What an evening :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMGP3681.JPG
    IMGP3681.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 567
Re: The wife, the bat and the kitchen

Looks a bit like a gremlin half way between turning from cute to nasty :shock:

Tazio":nrfcea73 said:
Very cool, I love bats. Fascinating creatures.

100%, I've never understood people being freaked out by them.

Our neighbours think we're nuts. I found a large male stag beetle on our driveway, they were outside, and I thought it'd be nice to show them this handsome little fellow (Male stags are the best part of 2" long)...

A casual observer would have thought I was showing them a fresh turd. :facepalm:

grumpycommuter":3dh9izf1 said:
The wife, the bat and the kitchen

I often have to resort to using one, to keep one, out of one ;) :LOL:

G

There's a bat in my kitchen, what am I gonna do.....?

getmecoat.gif

Holy flying mouse Batman!

I've seen quite a few flitting about at dusk, but sadly the only time I've seen one close up was when the cat brought one home in less than pristine condition. :(

My_Teenage_Self":287oqfx7 said:
Tazio":287oqfx7 said:
Very cool, I love bats. Fascinating creatures.

100%, I've never understood people being freaked out by them.

Our neighbours think we're nuts. I found a large male stag beetle on our driveway, they were outside, and I thought it'd be nice to show them this handsome little fellow (Male stags are the best part of 2" long)...

A casual observer would have thought I was showing them a fresh turd. :facepalm:

Love bats, but have a pathological fear of stags. This is due to the fact my mum was petrified of them (got one caught in her hair that had to be cut out when she was a child) and manged to pass on that fear to me by freaking out every time one got within 30 foot of her.

Carl.

Back