MM Soloists Training schedule/ log

same here , that is why I have bought a turbo trainer , which is not arrived . :evil:

I have taken up beer after an absence of alcohol for over 18months. And wine for pretty much the first time, this week. It;s like training in reverse. :LOL:

Any update on the training for the Solo boys - some of the team members seem to be getting the miles in and Gus appears to be Mister Event at present.

I've found that wife's birthday, 10th wedding anniversary, friend's wedding and mother's 70th within 3 weeks has rather scuppered things. Looks like grit and determination may be needed and, weather dependent, I reckon I can walk a lap in three hours so should manage 8, possibly 9 if I can start one at 1.59 p.m. on the Sunday.

Wu-Tangled":1ixi2zfo said:
I've just eaten best part of a whole pack of choc hob nobs.

:D :shock: :oops: :D

Well I haven't really eaten bar a bit of fruit for the past four days which is good for my weight but I suspect not my stength!

Training has gone out of the window as I have been off work since Wednesday with high temperature, aching limbs, headache and sore ears. I don't think I have ever drunk as many fluids and had such dark urine (orange!) so dehydration also a factor. Bugger, suspect related to returning from The Philippines, not getting over jetlag, sleeping about 5 hours a night and going at it straight away.

While it has been nice to watch some tennis I am a little concerned that I will not have got over this properly in the next two weeks. Will have to visit doctor on Monday but regardless of what I'm told I'm sure I can walk a lap or two to the sound of mindless heckling.

To summarise, pretty peeved as I've been looking forward to this for about 350 days.

(Oh and Chris, my early reference to walking was a very weak attempt at humour, looks like it might be coming back to haunt me)

Pathetically sorry for myself above.

Given myself a stern talking to along "man the f*** up" lines. Seems to have worked.

Ed, at least you may have a chance of getting rid in 2 wks?

Mrs Wu's got a bloody cold. That means I'll probably have one next week! I have avoided bloody colds all year and NOW! Why now? :roll: Be gutted if I miss this race. Pink Stumpy's ready now and eberything.

Get well soon mate.

:D

Back