20" 1994 Raleigh John Fomac SOLD

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
An interesting one this.. Inspired by danielmochuelo's Tomac Raleigh Signature I set about creating my own.. But snagging a YETI FRO along the way, this frameset and its destiny were set aside.

I had the raw Ti frame professionally brushed at Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol, then clean it thoroughly before Mrs Roon and I had a stressful hour or so putting the 3M Carbon Wrap on. There is the tiniest of marks where the carbon wrap has been scuffed on downtube, by the U of USA; 3mm by 1mm.. I also personally rebuilt the Manitous with new elastomers sourced from the US and got a replacement Titanium Steerer for them. The Headset is a NOS unit so gives the NOS Tioga Avenger TBone a sweet swivel.. NOS XT Post has no markings on it due to the use of a USA Thermoplastic shim..

I will not split this, the price is for everything in the spec. below for someone to build into perhaps the Build I had intended; also, I do have the original Raleigh USA Head Badge, I just haven't attached it. If you want any of the parts listed, I can assure you that they are readily available on Ebay and easy to find using the Retrobike Auction Watch..

Specification:
20" 1994 Raleigh MTi 1000 Frame. Decals by Gil, Carbon Wrap by 3M.
Manitou Suspension forks. Completely rebuilt with new elastomers and a Titanium Steerer
NOS Tioga Avenger 1 1/8 135mm
NOS Tioga Avenger 1 1/8 Headset
New DKG Seat Collar
NOS Shimano XT 27.0 Seatpost [USE Thermoplastic Shim]

Seat Tube Centre to Centre: 18.5"
Seat Tube Centre to Top: 20"
Top Tube Actual: 22.5"

£300 UK Posted.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,214
Re: 20" 1994 Raleigh John Fomac

If I had the £££'s I'd snap your hand off

That's a belter. You've done a great job with it and it's a total bargain at that price IMHO type bump

Bump.. Photos to follow..

Photo and Photo Gallery Link added to original post..

9804128236_ebe8b56fdb_b_d.jpg

Back