Winter Commuting

I have just fitted the full length mudguards to my Raleigh Clubman, It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who think they are 'hard' by not having mudguard and having wet asses and a nice mud stain all over their £100 cyling jacket :)

Given it a thorough clean, check and lube. I will continue to use it until it gets icy/snow on the ground. Then its getting a strip down and the frame is going to Argos bikes for a respray ready for the nest 25 years use :cool:

The Aluminium hack bike comes out of the shed and this will be used, I am not too sentimentally attached to this one :mrgreen:

It gets hard but to achieve but I try and get out on the bike every other day - if I ride far enough I cant hear my Wife nagging ;)

I find Endomondo is a good motivator in the dark winter months- I'm always wanting to break 200 miles this week, or beat one of the lads from work for mileage or calories burned etc.

I commuted January to April this year in minus 7c and snow - a 'normal' bike comprising of Schwalbe Landcruisers and a 34t snow gear on the cassette. Big lights too. Clothing was more important though.

file.php

widowmaker":3vmby9x6 said:
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who think they are 'hard' by not having mudguard and having wet asses and a nice mud stain all over their £100 cyling jacket :)
It's not that it's hard, it's just that mudguards are a bit bent.

technodup":3o5s7d2d said:
widowmaker":3o5s7d2d said:
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who think they are 'hard' by not having mudguard and having wet asses and a nice mud stain all over their £100 cyling jacket :)
It's not that it's hard, it's just that mudguards are a bit bent.

And they weigh a couple of hundred grams :LOL:

Back