Would it be possible to restore this head badge??

I'm sure it's possible, but it may be difficult. Is it just paint, or actual enamel (melted glass)?

If paint, I'd do it myself, one color at a time, very carefully. For enamel, I'd try to find someone who works that medium. That wouldn't be cheap.

It's paint........ true enamel wouldn't come off like that and the head badge would warp with the heat needed to "melt" enamel powders.

Humbrol enamel, fine brush, steady hand and patience. Or find one NOS for sale. We used to stock them as Carlton sold them as an OEM item.

Shaun

if that is a brass head badge it could be enameled, expensive to restore though ! best option would be to get it acid stripped and nickel plated and then get paint brushes out (estimate £60-£70 to re enamel )

It's the kind of thing that makes sense for the kind of person who does everything him/herself. I would have no hesitation getting out my paints and reading glasses, and sitting down at a brightly lit workspace with the radio on and a bottle of beer open, take my time, do the best I can. If that sounds like you, go for it.

If not, I agree with KVS766's estimate. But I'd never pay someone else to do it for me.

Back