BiTD Build series - No.2 - 1993 KHS Montana Team

Re: 1993 KHS Montana Team - Updated

^ Wads another scorcher - straight into the top left corner, beating gordon banks. alex stepney and bert trautmann on the way in ;)

Cool as a dry ice machine on pluto :cool:

Didn't know this site existed, just did a random google of KHS Montana Team... who knew!

I bought Montana Team frame in 1993 to replace a Bridgestone MB2 bent in a turn missed at speed. They were two of the few lightweight steel frames of the time with quick handling geometry. So sad that steel has mostly disappeared on quality bikes today... though I suppose it is less of an issue with full suspension configs.

The Montana Team needed updating 3 or 4 years ago, and the RS Mag21 had died, not possible nor really desirable to fix it... but then what sort of front susp can one get with a 1" steerer these days? So I... hmm, this may be a horror to the purists out there... had a frame repairer replace the head tube with a 1.125" careful to keep the good geometry with today's front ends. So now it has a new paint job and a Marzocchi Marathon SL.

Archemist":2ai1b0ew said:
^ Wads another scorcher - straight into the top left corner, beating gordon banks. alex stepney and bert trautmann on the way in ;)

Cool as a dry ice machine on pluto :cool:

:LOL:

This brings back memories , great site for that ;) , one of my best mates used to (think he may still have it , hmm, where's his number :idea: ) have one of these when we used to ride years ago, sure his had a rigid fork on though , remember it cost him a small fortune, nice to see one again :)

Mr Universe":21q29ypr said:
This brings back memories , great site for that ;) , one of my best mates used to (think he may still have it , hmm, where's his number :idea: ) have one of these when we used to ride years ago, sure his had a rigid fork on though , remember it cost him a small fortune, nice to see one again :)

:)

Have a look at this one ;) ....

viewtopic.php?t=141057&highlight=

Cheers

:shock: :cool: Jesus ! that's really nice mate, love it with those red ritchey tyres on , I'm going to have to phone my mate and see if he's still got his, think I might have to get a move on and finish my latest rebuild, and maybe start looking for one of these :mrgreen:

Mr Universe":2hflenar said:
:shock: :cool: Jesus ! that's really nice mate, love it with those red ritchey tyres on , I'm going to have to phone my mate and see if he's still got his, think I might have to get a move on and finish my latest rebuild, and maybe start looking for one of these :mrgreen:

Hope your mate still has it and is willing to part with it! :LOL: ...quite hard to come by otherwise.

Back