1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the 1991 Scott , rebuild starts page 4

Headset will get changed at some point , although the headset nigel came with , may have been the original as it is a 1" Ritchey unit.

For now until I either change it for a Xt unit or something nicer, I think I'll clean it up and re-fit.

Time to press that sucker in.

et voila

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out .
FWIW I have a '93 Team Racing made from Tange (Ritchey?) Ultimate Superlight tubing , that I hope to get back from the paintshop tomorrow . By some strange coincidence , I'm going for XT/Ritchey build too :)
Mike :)

I do enjoy a nice step by step build thread :D. Looking forward to the next installment.

Regards

Thanks for the comments, thought everyone had gone home :D

For those that may be interested, mate of mine has just popped these in.. :)

You don't waste any time do you! :D

:) thanks , the rebuild has been relatively easy and straight forward enough so far, and most of all enjoyable .

Still a few parts to source and make decisions on , torn at the minute as to refinish the frame in the 89 colourway :? think a few bottles of red might make the thinking a little easier :)

Looking good buddy , did you go for a solid black ? Mine was metallic black when I bought it . Should get mine back from refinishers today :shock:

Looking good buddy , did you go for a solid black ? Mine was metallic black when I bought it . Should get mine back from refinishers today

Hi mike , I decided to go for satin black as opposed to the original metallic, as I think I'm going to change the paint to the white and green colourway as in the 91 model later this fall.

Although I'm quite liking the stealth look its throwing out at the minute :)

Not sure if the cranks, or more so the chainrings sit right on the Xt crank arm, as these were off the Xtr chainset originally off nigel

Back