Crank brothers wheels - bits needed. Axles, freehub, WHY?

GSB

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm after some bits to salvage a poorly set of crank brother cobalt wheels. These are the odd looking "twinpair" wheels often seen at bike shows on various prototypes etc.

The bits I'm after, specifically are these;

1/ Front 9mm axle and end caps. These come as standard on the wheelset, but when the owners choose to use a 15mm maxle these are removed and then presumably lounge about in a dusty shed for years after since they replaced with a different axle and endcap arrangement. If anyone knows of such a set of parts that are languishing in a shed alongside the inevitable old holborn tin of old screws and 1970's nudie playing cards, then please, let me know.

2/ Rear 135x10 (ie, normal) axle endcap (drive side). This is the axle endcap that has allows fitment if a normal quick release skewer.

3/ freehub. Early CB cobalt wheelsets suffered from imploding freehubs. The hub would crack leading to the pawls failing to engage. There was a redesigned freehub made available.

4/ rear wheel drive side spoke. I have a slight bend in one of mine, making it an absolute pita to true properly.

Should anyone know of any of these parts, or where i can find a UK stockist, please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Crank brothers wheels - bits needed. Axles, freehub, WHY

Hmmm,

I had heard of this unfeasibly helpful stockist so I already asked them. They ignored the first email, and the second one simply says;

Thanks for your enquiry.
I'd advise you to order this through your local bike shop.
If they can't help, please try www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/
These guys have helped supply a number of people with this kind of part and operate a mail order service.

They were brilliant with me. Gave me part number i needed for the front axle cones and i ordered them through leisure lakes.
I also mentioned the freehub and he said if it breaks he would send me anew one foc.
Im after another set myself if your thinking of selli g

I'll bear that in mind. I'm either going to fix them or out them as they are, depending upon how painful the spare parts search is. I love the wheels, but if spares are difficult to get, I'd rather go without.

I have three by the way, one rear & 2 fronts, so if anyone has a spare rear wheel.... ;)

Back