97 Kona Kilauea - Gulf Colours

We_are_Stevo":3skxo128 said:

Cool ! I won't as I think too much will overdo it !

I was at goodwood at the weekend and the GT40's were stunning in Gulf livery but when I went to the Gulf mechanise shops it was a little tacky having gulf shirts , suits and everything , just a little nod is enough for me

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
How very tasteful an answer. I would've jumped at it ( well spotted We-are-stevo! ) but then I thought.." hang on, he's got a good point there. "
I'd also imagine that a good way to settle the aesthetic argument would be to ask what colour the seats were in the original racer.

It's true, Gulf merchandising is enormous and tacky at motorsports events..... even I got sick of it at Le Mans!

Subtlety wins, quietly, without shouting about it, every time!

G

Re:

British Summer time started yesterday, what better than to celebrate with an outing on the Gulf, Thankfully the trails have dried out considerably :cool:

Enjoy..... I did :LOL:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqOLn7Wdeoc[/youtube]

Re:

Have to say that vid has pi$$ed me off.

1. I cant get out on my bike for at least another 2 days.
2. My Kilauea is in bits just now.
3. I really need to sort out my other bike and get rid of the boingy forks and gears off it.

At the same time its an awesome video with a superb soundtrack and your bike looks superb as well :D :cool:

Excellent video; interesting placement of the camera - it works well. Particularly like the added sheep noises ;-)

Echoing above it get's me feeling all itchy to get back out on mine steeds.

Re:

Haha ! There were sheep at the gate in the Field so added it in as it's spring , there is another farm animal in there too ;)

I like this shot as it shows the direction and parts of bike working - good on my modern bikes suspension. However it does show my knees and how much I should have taken my watch off , have no skin on my wrist now :LOL:

And to be fair to you - and take note kids ;-) - it shows you can ride a bike without GASP suspension!

That said, I bet on the rough stuff a nice pair of RC36's would help (but of course ruin the schema) ;-) It was interesting to see the amount of tree carnage still around - not disimilar to my local trails - still a lot of debris.

Back