What is this Cannondale frame??

isitafox

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, blagged a Cannondale frame off a lad on another forum as the BB has seized but he doesn't know what model it is. Can anyone on here identify it? I'm pretty sure it's from 99 due to the disc mount and single downtube stickers but after scouring the old brochures I can't find one that fits the bill in red!

Attachments

• Cannondale2.JPG
    Cannondale2.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 615
Nah is purely just the frame, this is the pic he sent me of it. I'll be able to figure it out once I get my hands on it and get the frame number but for now I wanted to be able to start sourcing some appropriate bits for the build.

The bb number will tell you. Vintagecannondale have a guide on how to decipher the numbers/letters. Normally year/size/model/colour from memory

it looks like an F500 or F800

Martyn Ashton used to ride them as trials bikes, then had his own signature frame built.

Healing vibes going out to Martyn such a legend and was still riding until the 1st sep when he had a nasty fall on to his back from 3 meters dislocating his T9 and T10 vertebrae, he has not been able to feel anything from that part of his back down.

Still early days but lets hope he comes good and is able to ride again one day.

heavyp":mv67vdxw said:
it looks like an F500 or F800

Martyn Ashton used to ride them as trials bikes, then had his own signature frame built.

Healing vibes going out to Martyn such a legend and was still riding until the 1st sep when he had a nasty fall on to his back from 3 meters dislocating his T9 and T10 vertebrae, he has not been able to feel anything from that part of his back down.

Still early days but lets hope he comes good and is able to ride again one day.
hell yeah!! a true god.

I believe he's doing well, he's helping judge a trials video competition I'm part of which is a massive boost to us lowly trials boys!

Back