your favourite pedals?

+1 for any version of the Time Atac...clears mud, low profile cleat, stomp in, twist out, plenty of float.

SPDs are just so picky unreliable in comparison.

All the best,

I like my M747's- they have been used and abused, but have never failed me. My first SPD's were a pair of M525's bought in 1995/6 which were installed on an Orange Clockwork that was nicked just after I built it. I also have a very old pair of M525's which are around half again as bulky as the later M525's. I think I may also have an old pair of Shimano flat pedals in a box some where...

Attachments

• DSCF1708.JPG
    DSCF1708.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 354
Time Atacs for me as well - single sided ones are far more interesting than the convenient double sided ones. Had a brief daly with SPDs as the missus bought some nice shoes that didn't work with the Times, but after six months went back.

kingoffootball":3kkelsll said:
Not retro, but the Xpedo Traverse 8 pedals are my favourite. Really grippy and light, and good bearings without being too spinny.

imagefly.aspx
These are pretty neat pedals. Very minimal.

Tried SPDs and couldn't get on with them, so now have Wellgo 939s with toe clips on a couple of my bikes:

wellgo-lu939-pedal-19351.jpg

They look right on my 90s bike, but perhaps a little out of place on my new-fangled carbon hard tail. However, they seem to last well and are pretty cheap; pedals always get scruffy pretty quickly, so I begrudge spending a great deal on them.

Back