RALEIGH BANANA 531 REPLICA

Meejoir":188qhcin said:
I had it powder coated at Bettablast http://www.bettablast.co.uk/bettablast/ ... ating.html (near Newcastle) for about £40. I haven't got the specific reference number but apparently it's 'Kawasaki' green.The people at Bettablast would know for sure, as they're really helpful.

Many thanks for that. I pretty much thought it might be :D If you search online for
RAL 6018 you'll see it's "yellow green" which pretty much is 'Kawasaki' green :D

Ouch - that's done it's last ride.

Funny how many of the modern carbon frames actually have swooped seatstays very much like yours!

Tell me about it, gutted every time I look at it in the garage lol.
Just finished the father in laws RX100 which has helped ease the pain, have a look and let know what you think.

Bananasplit":2beojhsy said:
Tell me about it, gutted every time I look at it in the garage lol.
Just finished the father in laws RX100 which has helped ease the pain, have a look and let know what you think.

Photo?

try viewtopic.php?f=23&t=271798.
It went from being a very tatty, rusty unused bike, to whats listed today.
Frame was shot blast after I got the paint chipped up, custom made decals, crank arms re-sprayed, new cables, seat post, saddle, wheelset and stem. Every thing else had several hours spent with Mr autosol lol.

I don't suppose theres any chance of straightening out the stays or even replacing them at the BMW drivers expense. It would be tragic just to stick it in the corner after all that work.

Latest posts

Back