Colnago Master Olympic build thread, and request for advice

Re: Colnago Master Olympic build thread, and request for adv

There is also quite a few amazing and rare parts too.

Campag bar end shifter

Brand new 1970's Campag Track pedals and toe clips

3 new San Marco Rolls seats

New Cinelli 1A stems

Super record front/rear mech

...and a few other gems.

If they are being sold and there is interest on here, I'll let the forum see pics before they go on sale/ ebay.

saarf":3r27de8j said:
:mrgreen: I'll give you a bullseye for it

mate, if it's right, you're talking good dough, looks like it's had a bad paint job, which is a shame
How can you tell it's a Cinelli ?, some frame builders just used a Cinelli cast bb shell case, the seat post clamp from what I can see makes me think it could be right

A good friend of my FIL knows his bikes. He helped me build the Rabobank Colnago, and sort out the good parts from the rubbish yesterday.

He rode this actual frame over 25 years ago, and believes it is a genuine Cinelli. It is badged Cinelli on the Head tube too.

The camera phone/ flash makes the paint look worse than it is in reality. I'll get some more pics later this week of this frame, the AD, and the Super.

I know nothing in the way of the pista,or accurate values,
but with such a find ( albeit in such sad circumstances) I would be inclined to restore it as it deserves
which would be expensive no doubt, but
with the other parts/pieces you intend to sell, you should be able to fund the restoration, then sell ;)

I have learn't so much in the past 2 weeks about 1960-2000 year bikes!

My FIL's good friend who helped me build the Colnago, sort the wealth of parts, and clean up the workshop shared a wealth of knowledge about the collection, and bikes in general. I'm very grateful

The posts on here have helped a lot too. Thanks for making me feel welcome as a newbie (and not bad for asking some probably silly novice questions!).

Cheers all :mrgreen:

kiwifraser":3jrk8t7n said:
There is a good condition early/mid 80's complete Raleigh BMX (Skyway?/ Burner?) that I haven't looked properly at yet.

This is not right for the road forum, but could still be interesting to someone.

I had another look in the workshop today. The BMX appears to be complete, and in pretty good condition.

It is a Raleigh Burner Styler Ivory from '85/'86, with Gold anodised parts, and Tuff II mags.

Definitely worth a clean up as it turns out it originally belonged to my wife 30 years ago :)

Edited to add a pic of how we found it:
20130917_131124_zps3f1ef9af.jpg

This is a photo of one I found on the raleighburner.com website to work out what it was.
IMG_4008_zpsb847b34f.jpg

Have you checked the prices of such BMX's in original spec on ebay - I think you'll be surprised!

Seems you have a treasure trove that just keeps on giving!

There definitely are some star finds, although we have so far made 2 trips to the tip with a full estate car (seats folded) each time.

Take a look at this one buried under other things at the back of the workshop... I can't see that ever being restored!
20130917_131642_zps5fd85888.jpg

On the plus side, there was quite a few moments in the clean up where a random old cardboard box or cigarette tin was opened and inside were great surprises.

...Like these brand new 1970's Campag track pedals :D

20130917_130325_zps8abeb7bf.jpg

Seen better days for sure but if it isn't snapped, broken, bent then there will be a market for that - such frames are sought after by the braver folks not only here but ebay - some of the bikes people take on and turn into a perfectly usable bikes are fantastic.

Strong possibility that someone would have that off you if it hasn't gone already?

Good grief - your sitting on a goldmine - boxed and shiny as the day they were made - serious cash in that there box!

Back