1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the 1991 Scott Pro Racing, rescued work bike

:) :? Where you gone getting that from :LOL: , thanks looks like I might be having to start collecting for another bike :roll: , I suppose I was warned. :oops:

I followed mynchiboy's advice and searched Google images, it's about the 4th one that the search returns :)

Thanks raidan73 , loads of info cheers. :)

So. any thought's on why nigel is a different colour to the one showed in the 91 brochure ? , do you think the serial number ,as has been said, refers to the year of production ? 1989 ? if the 43 refers to the frame measurement that would be about right as it's a shade over 17" in size.

Cant find any 1989/1990 scott brochure scans to see if this model is shown in this colourway ?

I have decided that until I find out more solid information, I'll do a full strip and rebuild initially of nigel , clean the paint and parts up where possible, maybe spray the fork and stem in black as I quite like the stealtheness of the bike.

The stem and forks have magnetism so they are some sort of steel I assume ? and maybe even bare steel as signs of rust are starting to show in places , another reason I feel it would be beneficial to have some sort of paint on them.
Unsure from the scans that I've seen so far if the silver fork on nigel is the original or not, but for now as it's a 1" size it'll have to stay.

Ideally if anyone has one of these bikes and they have restored it I'd love to see some pictures and any other information that may be available :)

Just found this ➡️

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53301

On page 1 on the above link , there is a retrobike member called old ned who has a picture of a scott, and the fork looks almost the same as mine , he said . "My Scott is (I think) the Team or Team Pro. It was quite expensive for the time ('92 ish) with full XT and Ritchey kit. Columbus Max OR steel tubing. "

And a link to the 1990 brochure, but nothing the same , in the 1992 brochure there is a model called the team racing but has a different frame material ?

skolioza thanks for the above link from this thread, could you offer anymore information as to what model / year this may be ?

Pleased to be of service, I do enjoy a bit of bike ID-ing :cool:

The Max tubed Pro Racing was only made for one catalogue year (1991 officially), the '92 model switched to Ritchey Logic with a slightly different rigid fork. Spec should be full M735 coded Deore XT, XTR wasn't officially available on production bikes until '92. Scott also used a fair bit of Ritchey finishing kit from '92 and some of their own brand kit (unishock forks, bars). I'm a bit sketchy on what would have been on the '91 bikes but I'm sure the Scott illuminati can help a little...

FWIW I'm beginning to think that your bike could be similar to the one in the link, i.e a 91-2 mid production model perhaps, using 92' graphics and paint job with the '91 frame? Not a bad combination I reckon!

Back