Trying to ID frame

Hexegon

Retro Newbie
Hello

Iv'e been directed here from another forum where ive been trying to get some help identifying this frame:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The person who sent me here said that you guys were 'pretty mustard' so lets see if you can cut it! So far all ive found out so far is that the lugs are Ekla:http://velobase.com/ViewFramePart.as... ... ;AbsPos=99 but apparently that dosnt narrow things down much.

Any help you can give me is much appreciated

I think your best approach as its a bit of a 'plain jane' ( no offence to the frame, its just got nothing to distinguish it ) would be to try and find a serial number on the bottom bracket or dropouts, and also, measure the distance below the holes for the badge and you maybe able to find the maker that way. A full view of the frame might help as far as ageing it is concerned, but early fifties looks like a best first guess, it . Terry

Looks to me like a lateish 1950's standard frame from a quantity maker, with cable guides and lever bosses added later.
Detail pics might help, plus a view of the frame showing geometry.
Keith

The braze on for the lamp boss is on the right so that makes it a frame for the left side of the road..........if it's original. Other than that I'm struggling to see anything that stands out.

Is there a pic of the whole frame from the side to look at the geometry?

Shaun

Latest posts

Back