£90 well spent?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thanks to Mark who gave me the heads-up I picked these three up tonight. I will pass them to Mark if he wants them except the USE which are the worse condition, ie RIGID, but are most pretty. I fancy trying to restore them, or seeing if Tim can do anything with them. Air and elastomer. Anyone know ought about them?

well the USE fork would have been blagged by the Giant rep about 15 years ago, richard vickery, he was TDR, aka tricky dicky racing, he used to blag stuff left right and centre, then when he was bored of it he would flog it to pay his Giant account off! he was pretty mental back in the day but he's left the trade now, he "sponsored" a few up and coming riders and was well known in the trade.

give USE a shout though, didn't John have a thread about being able to get some old parts they still had on the shelves?

I had a set of USE XCR forks, they looked very similar to the ones in your pic, only the one side is shorter (guessing to accommodate disc mount?). One side is air (used to leak very slowly on the one I had im sure) and the other used springs/MCUs out of basically their suspension seatposts. They were silly light and pretty smooth. I did have instructions for them that showed how to take them apart, so if you could get hold of these, you should be able to strip them and get them moving again. About 65mm travel.

def 90 quid well spent i think love the pace rc40 might have to get a set for my zaskar asap as i want black/carbon up front instead of the red forks ive got atm

You certainly don't see them every day, I wanted more travel and Im on the heavy side, so didn't suit me, but they were a fantastic piece of art for sure.

Harryburgundy":33dxvlqh said:
oh, well you look at that, as if by magic as I type a reply, a manual. Cool

Just luck, when I sold them another member wanted them just for the instructions for his, so ended up making photos for him to use. Maybe someone wants to put them in the catalogues, etc section?

Back