1969 Cinelli SC New Pictures!

Re: 1969 Cinelli SC

Thanks for the nice remarks everyone, pix of the complete bike as soon as I get an afternoon off.

Well I am laid up for a few days and so I finally have time to update the pictures of the black Cinelli.

I made a fair amount of effort to geat as many period correct parts as possible, the big exception being the brake set that should be the rare "no logo" Record.

Otherwise it came together pretty nicely with "patent" rear mech, no date code 144 bcd crank. record headset with<c>insignia, Fiamme, red label rims etc... A well informed RetroBiker pointed out that the front Mech may be a few years too new.

I also was lucky to have some NOS brake cables, housing and Tressostar bar tape.

The photos show the bike with toeclips but without the straps and i also shortened the brake cables. Funny, I was so nervous about cutting the NOS housing that I cut it long but then the effect was comical.

Non vintage parts include the tires and....

Attachments

• 1969 Cinelli SC 6 web.jpg
    1969 Cinelli SC 6 web.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 1969 Cinelli SC 5 web.jpg
    1969 Cinelli SC 5 web.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 1969 Cinelli SC 3 web.jpg
    1969 Cinelli SC 3 web.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 1969 Cinelli SC 2 web.jpg
    1969 Cinelli SC 2 web.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 513
  • 1969 Cinelli SC 1 web.jpg
    1969 Cinelli SC 1 web.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 513

Beautiful! I'd love to ride that in the morning Sir! Something tells me nobody is going to be restoring their Madone's in 2058. Probably because there won't be any left. Steel is the surely one of the best materials for a quality bicycle frame. One that you could hand down or somebody like yourself could restore. Wow!

Good grief! Im weak at the knees just great! I restored a 1951 Claud Butler that had a 3 arm steel campag chainset that were produced for about 2 years around 1970 see the link here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=237048 Im so glad you shared this its top drawer, only suggestion and it's my personal preference would be a Brooks Swallow saddle with the thinner longer nose and chrome rails. I really hope you ride it :)

Thanks for all of the nice comments. I have been riding the Cinelli about once a month since finishing the restoration so it stays nice but is not garage queen. I do have a few bikes that never seem to get ridden, a restored 1963 Schwinn Paramount track bike has only been ridden once.

I have made some changes to the Black cinelli so I will do a few more beauty pics

Steven

Back