My Citroen DS

I'm taking the DS to the Bromley Pageant of Motoring this Sunday, and will be parked in the "Single Make Parking" area if anybody wants to come and talk rubbish about old bikes and cars.

Belter that G, in a beltin colour, in fact i like the colour that much me fave bike is getting a coat. Stuck between the DS and the Ro80 for me all time favourite.

konatime":q8789qwn said:
Belter that G, in a beltin colour, in fact i like the colour that much me fave bike is getting a coat. Stuck between the DS and the Ro80 for me all time favourite.
Colour is Beige Tholonet. Colour code AC085 should you want to get some of the paint mixed up (The Halfords recipe is just a little too blue/grey, but is close enough for separate use).

Here's a link to a web page about the colour on a DS - http://www.nuancierds.fr/AC%20085%20Bei ... olonet.htm

The Ro80 is another fantastic, innovative car that I would love to own. But, as I'm only "allowed" one classic, I'll stick with the reliable and comfortable DS.

Thanks for heads-up with regard the colour G, i've got 4/5th's of a tin left at me enamel sprayers after having a fork and stem done a while back, been busy since but i'm so enamoured with it's classical look that the frames going in shortly (your pic's/posting have sent me over the top)

The old fella had an Ro80, there was some debate arround how to factually gauge it's cc, with some quarters stating 1litre and others 2llitre because of the delta shaped melarky...which seems odd in that the factory decided to put an 140mph clock on the dash in '67..had it down to chester @135mph but it was lifting dramatically, could get 60 out of first gear...the more you tanned it the quieter it got, could'nt hear it after hundred (nothing-strange sensation).

Seem to remember a tv show with a couple of DS ambulances in it..for now it escapes me.

I thought the cc rating was worked out as normal ie: the swept volume but this figure was then doubled for the V5 as the rotary has a power 'stroke' every revolution rather than 1 in every 2 for a normal 4-stroke.

The RX-8 has 2x 650cc rotors (1.3ltr) but if you look on the V5 it will be labelled as a 2.6ltr

ovlov440":3dm5fpfj said:
I thought the cc rating was worked out as normal ie: the swept volume but this figure was then doubled for the V5 as the rotary has a power 'stroke' every revolution rather than 1 in every 2 for a normal 4-stroke.

The RX-8 has 2x 650cc rotors (1.3ltr) but if you look on the V5 it will be labelled as a 2.6ltr

You'll have to excuse me ignorance Ov, i'm not the most mechanically minded....just that i did see in documentation the engine down to be a 990cc and later on a 1.9xx and even later some mechanic explained the matter was open to some interpretation. The thing that stuck in me mind though was the top speed was given to be 109mph and the fact it would roast the 3 litre Capri of the day....the manafacturer putting a clock with 140 on it back in '67 aslo had me flummexed (i'm not sure there is another 2 litre saloon of the era with such a margin). Years later a kid pulled me and asked me what the cc was of that brown car your old fella had....i told him what i knew but mentioned nothing about it's speed...he said he'd just done some work on a non turbo'd 1600 Mazda (middle '80's) and had it right round the clock down the motorway to the point it was lifting.

Brilliant car.

danson67":2qcto03r said:
They didn't mention there was one in Mr Jolly Lives Next Door. Possibly because it gets wrecked when a telegraph pole falls on it.

hqdefault.jpg

Back