And today I did......

cleaned up a pair of F7's the bike station had. These is a P7 to go along with them and if my dating is correct its a 1995 nickle plated. Sk8 stem, prob hotrod bars and the rest is mince.
Unfortunately it appears that its been left outside since 1995 as the rust is shocking. The fork was probably the worst but i think ive about saved it. Wish i had a pic as they've come up well and where the corrosion was has mostly flaked off with clean plating underneath so it still shines up very nicely with the worst of the corrosion leaving those little telltale black staining in the metal.
The other down side is that on the main frame theres a couple of dents on the main tubes(one on the seat tube just under the clamp) and one on the down/up tube. Neither are particularly bad and the nickle has suffered less and would possibly have shined up lovely but will have to be filled and then powdercoated (Glasgow company called something Wheels' if anyone recognizes it.

Dont get these very often, shame this one has suffered so badly. Still looks like it will be getting a new lease of life. :D

managed to get a ride in for 4 consecutive days, a record for 2103 :LOL: need to keep it going and up the mileage for Octobers challenge..

also managed to strip down the klein pulse, apply a few coats to tcut and polish. shining now, had been thinking about getting it powder coated but prefer original paint where possible. it's going to look a little odd when I build it back up with blue rockshox SIDs

almost TK, 1 or 2 yrs older, no disc mounts but that's the colour. looks good with bare/polished frames

my SIDs are going on an red frame.. it'll be cool

is that your alpkit bag? 20l?

did you have to tether it with additional strapping, I'm a bit worried about mine jumping over the bars

Tell us more about how you bodged that caliper onto the SIDs, TK!

And where did you put the kitchen sink? There must be a tag-along or a huge rucksack just out of shot, surely!

That's the 13ltr alpkit bag - used the straps from the cycle specific 20 litre - the 13 held well but I used the red strap to make it more secure after taking out my waterproof - it got a bit loose half empty - that was all the kit on the bike: front 13 litre, middle 6 ltr frame bag back and rear 1.5 ltr saddlebag. We did a bag d
drop at the B&B on the way down to avoid carting cloths about - I didn't even have a camel back on for the 1st day of the ride.

Inspired by the night ride thread, I went out for an hours ride this evening. Lovely almost full moon reflecting on the sea. Did a section of the cycle path by moonlight alone narrowly avoiding a hedgehog. That's one puncture I wouldn't want to fix!

Is it wrong to get excited by mudguards and touring tyres? New guards and rubber arrived for the crosser today :) this year I'm going monsteroad ( I have just invented that BTW) Got some Schwalbe Marathon Supremes in 1.4 and some SKS guards. I'm hoping for a fast and comfy winter workhorse.

monsteroad ( I have just invented that BTW)

stoater-ft-overview.jpg

Back