Securing shed?

Eh, looks like my bike is living in my room then! I've got a couple of old steel bikes which live under a cover, but my expensive MTB has to live somewhere dry.

I found a more elegant solution.

branchline-bamboo-img1.jpg

Going to build one of these. Freestanding and I think I can build one out of scrap wood. Then I can hang my MTB and another one of my bikes inside.

I kept an mtb tandem and two mtbs in my room at uni......... absolutely no chance whatsoever that they were going to be stored outside.

I have shed bars on a couple of my sheds locked by some quality Abus disc locks. Have them reinforced on the inside too so they cannot be pulled off plus inside the shed are two ground anchors. Shed roof is bolted to the structure so it cannot be lifted. Bikes are locked together with 15mm cable and 10mm chain plus a couple of Kryptonite New York locks for a bit of overkill. Did I mention the passive IR alarm and the security lighting?

Paranoid about security, Moi?

Top tip: If you have a shed with windows get some limo tint off Ebay to hide the contents from prying eyes. Steel window bars on the inside are a good deterrent.

8x6 ok?
Concrete base/32 Railway sleepers/Steel door.

The Army would find it difficult trying getting in ;)

I have never understood people who spend shedloads (no pun intended) on their bikes, and then leave them outside in a shed!

You can have a million bolts and locks on the door, but they will do nothing when some little scroat puts their foot/axe through the back panel of the wooden shed!

If you love your bike(s) then keep them in the house, mine have always lived inside and always will, its a pain getting past a few frames a couple of wheels and a bike to get in and out of my room, but its better than the alternative of waking up to find a smashed up shed door/wall and no bike!

Back