Seatpost Wicki??

Archemist

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Apologies if this has been asked / done before but I couldn't find a comprehensive selection of year by year seat post sizes for "our" bikes.

Sheldon's (by his standards) is a bit miss and hit

Is it worth having one / sticky maybe? One thread or tabulated somewhere? It's information that is rarely found even in the period literature.

Maybe include post by manufacturer / size / year etc so one could cross reference before the search commences.

For instance Suntour (bless 'em) made a 26.4mm XC Pro Seat post, I know I've got one but most of the catalogues don't list it! Equally they never made a 31.6mm one so it'd be pointless me looking for one for the elite?

Any thoughts?

Re: Seatpost Wicki

Might be usefull!

Maybe a complete new forum under 'Mountainbike --> 1997' called 'Tech info' ?!?

Sounds like the sort of thing that would be best in the Wiki.

I doubt I'll have time to set it up today, but if no-one else has by tomorrow I'll try to get it started and then people can add all the details they have.

Cool - thanks for the feedback - if it's a frame "database" - then should we look at making include rear spacing, headtube dia (inc JIS / ISO) and a/c dims?

Or is that overkill?

kingoffootball":272gzjha said:
Sounds like the sort of thing that would be best in the Wiki.

Yeah. you're right.... :oops: Not used to use Wiki on here.... :oops: I should and I will from now on....! ;)

Archemist":10mnryvk said:
Cool - thanks for the feedback - if it's a frame "database" - then should we look at making include rear spacing, headtube dia (inc JIS / ISO) and a/c dims?

Or is that overkill?

Nope, that sounds good - the more info the better and people can always leave details blank if they are not sure.

It would help if people posted a few specifics up on their build threads.. seatpost size etc

Its what I plan to do just so I remember when I want to change things!

I add it all to my build threads as I go along and find out.

The Wiki is there for whatever you want, get on with it :)

Back