Can you still easily get 35mm film developed?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My daughter, the 13 year old one, was sad that there are no pics of her or her younger brother and sister, well practically none because all the pics we had were on the external hard drive and my oldest son while trying to do something managed to wipe ALL the pics of the other three from their birth till about last year :roll: so I though about getting a cheapish, or free if something comes up on Freecycle, and get them developed so we'd have hard copies like we have of James.

So can they be developed easily these days?

Alison

Yes - many shops will still develop & print film - there's a (growing) continuing enthusiast markey for film etc.

Probably less prevalent on the high street - but there will be processors in most towns cities - or at least where they'll send it off for processing - the old days of wait a week for the return.

Quick bing search:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=film+proce ... &sp=-1&sk=

In terms of rescuing the hard drive I've used a german bit of software called PC Inspector - it's free and does work - I've managed to save some stuff before - depends on what is on the disk and if anything has physaclly wiped it as opposed to logically wiped it - that is if the info is still there, but just not visible.........

http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1

Hope that helps! M.

Just re-read the OP - do you still have the external drive - had you tried file recovery s/w already?

Cheers M.

Chute55uk":2dssayhq said:
oh and fyi unless your son is a IT expert he wouldn't have deleted them permanently and any data recovery expert should be able to retrieve the 'deleted' pictures
or try this
http://www.ehow.com/how_6699505_restore ... ws-xp.html
and snappy snaps do it by post now thats real retro!

The hard drive is now dead, completely dead. I always thought that it is only retrievable if you haven't added anything to it post wiping, buy the way I know as much about computers as I do about quantum physics :roll: I know my son did retrieve all his music off my completely broken laptop after it's screen completely separated from the base, well the computer shop did, but none of it had been previously wiped.

On the website it say's order online then collect in store.

Alison

I have seen data recovered from a hard drive that was in more than one piece. but in any event its a costly process. a quick google shows a few develop and print by post options so you should be fine.
I bought a 35mm praktika mtl 50 35mm film slr from the carboot for 2 quid (fully working) thats definitely the best place to pick up a decent cheap camera. you can get compacts for 50p.
my chosen format these days is to send the images taken digitally to a processor like vistaprint and get a book printed. they give a much better professional finish with text (if you can be bothered to put it in) for a 10er.
so maybe use a cheap digital and look at online printing options.

Back