Your training plans - help needed

TGR":30n2hb2p said:
I think it would be of use to luddites like me, I like the idea of electronic assistance but have no idea where to start. For example, i have a smart phone and may be getting an iPhone in the near future - i am pretty sure i can get apps (is that the right spelling) for the phones to track my ride (Strava, track my ride and another one). From what i have read above a Garmin ? can do the same type of thing and maybe more - which is best and how do they work?

It may be the case that i am alone in my ignorance but there are usually a few people who could benefit from some relevent info. A good example is the tub thread - lots of great info on it solely related to tubs.

See what the bosses think, maybe they know all about this stuff already!!!

Thanks,

Richard

Problem with using your phone in the same way as a bar mounted GPS is that it smashes the battery in no time, isn't as accurate as a well set up "proper" bike GPS.
And they aren't very tough or water/sweat proof.
The altitude stuff is not really needed, as when you upload to garmin or strava it will work out a *fairly* accurate altitude from the map data. Or if not accurate, at least consistent from one ride to the next. The built in altitude on the GPS is usually barometric, so not very reliable either!

I'm using a 605, which does all i need it too and more.
Will probably upgrade to an 810 at some point in the next 12 months, if i ever get out on my bike.

Latest posts

Back