Non suspension hub on suspension forks.. Bad idea?

No.
Hope machining the flanges from billet as opposed to the forged manufacture by shimano is the issue I think you'll find.

I think hope was inherent in the design. Given FatSo are in my opinion from what I've seen the worst as snapping followed by suspension. Both have the same flange diameter but completely different centre hub diameters and axle setup. To me there is just a week spot with the glue or whatever and the cylinder and a bit of twisting relieved it all.

Cheers for response..

After checking the Hope archive i have discovered i have lightweights and not ti-glides as that is a rear hub lol :facepalm:

So the consensus is i have nothing to worry about.. Thanks all.

Rich

If you mean this...

file.php

Then very much no don't use them on sus forks. In my experience and that of many bike shop mechanics the flanges rip off or at least crack quite soon. These hubs became legend on road wheels and rigid mountain forks where, naturally, such forks would be used for regular XC work and not constant knarliness.

Yes similar to that but different sticker.

Not really going to be gnarly on it - more gentle tarmac on the way to work type affair.

Agency_Scum":3k3q6als said:
If you mean this...

file.php

Then very much no don't use them on sus forks. In my experience and that of many bike shop mechanics the flanges rip off or at least crack quite soon. These hubs became legend on road wheels and rigid mountain forks where, naturally, such forks would be used for regular XC work and not constant knarliness.

The suspension and especially fatso cracked more often if this forum is anything to go by, so really it doesn't matter. It's just the use of 'HOPE' Ti-shell era hubs that's the problem.

Back