Testing water - Magura HS66 (drop bar brakes)

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've got some hens teeth....I mean Magura HS66 brakes!
As far as i know they came off a tandem, so the rear hose is pretty long. They are in good working condition, but have a few marks. Come with mounting hardware.

I've been sitting on these for a couple of years. I was planning to put them on my Pompino, but I don't really ride it enough these days.
I also have another set - though they've been mixed with Julie calipers to make some drop-bar disc brakes ;) So two sets seems almost greedy.

If there's interest I'm happy to let them go to a new home.
Now, I'm not too bothered if they don't sell, as I'll just use them as I originally planned.
I'm after £150 posted for them.

I'll dig them out and take some pics later on.

Potentially interested ... I'd love to get some hydraulic discs working on my Fargo ... How well do the set you have with the calipers work? And how easy was it to connect the levers to calipers ... Definitely would like to see some photos

Very easy, the older Julie brakes (pre-2005 I think) use the same low pressure hoses and olives as the Magura rim brakes.

I picked up some Julie's as a swap, but they go pretty cheap on eBay, as they're quite an old brake.

Had them running for about 1 1/2 years now with no issues.

I'll get some pics later.

Here's a pic of them. The clamps are a bit scuffed and messy, but I'll replace them with a nicer set from some HS33s.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 681
Back