Specialized Camber Carbon 29er ... weight watchers build

Re: So I bought a ..... ? (teaser pic)

trek_y":3kuatcsz said:
getin":3kuatcsz said:
Camber comp carbon 29

Spot on ! :)

A 29er ... never thought I would go there. Not going to be standard issue though as I bought frame only and have added some 120mm Reba RLT rather than the standard Fox 110mm forks as from several comments about the Camber it works well with a slightly longer fork. Will also be migrating all the SRAM XX kit across from the Scalpel and hope to make this into a reasonably lightweight build (under 25lbs).

Your going to need some very light parts to get it under 25lbs the stock s-works is 25+lbs with a dropper post, check this link for real weights of different models, your bike is half way down the page.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/07/16/201 ... l-weights/

I'm not really up to speed on full bounce options. Does the Camber sit somewhere between the Epic and Stumpy FSR in terms of travel, head angles etc?

Regards

Yes the Camber is in between them. It's a more trail orientated bike than the racer Epic having a bit more travel and slacker angles.

From that article the stock bike weighs in at 27lb 14oz then so I need to lose 3lbs, game on ! :)

OK an update as got round to throwing most of it together this weekend and here's how its looking ..

Still have to sort out pedals and a chain and some new hoses for the brakes but so far the list is as follows

Specialized Camber (Comp) Carbon 2013 frameset size Large
Rockshox Reba RLT 120mm
SRAM XX groupset - BB30 cranks, 2x10 shifters and mechs, brakeset with Avid 185/160 G3 rotors
Easton Haven carbon 711mm bars
Syncros FL 90mm stem
Syncros FL 30.9 seatpost
Genesis Ti rail saddle
Chris King ISO disc hubs + Stans Crest rims with Schwalbe Racing Ralph tubeless tyres

So far it is weighing in at 23lbs 6oz :)

Thanks to some good buys the weening continues :)

That's pretty light for a stem AND seatpost !

Also have got some Ti axles coming from China to replace the ones in my Wellgo MG1's so should drop a good 200g off.

Latest posts

Back