Trek 2.3 - Stolen in Bristol on 9th Sept 2013 - CCTV footage

Re: Trek 2.3 - Stolen in Bristol on 9th Sept 2013 - CCTV foo

I wouldn't be supprised if it was found in Bristol.

I had my bike stolen there when we lived in Somerset, 6 months later whilst riding on the bus I spotted someone riding it.
The bus driver kindly did an emergency stop in full traffic and I hotfooted it over to the chappie, who got a very rude shove off my bike and I stole it back.

I stupidly used a cable lock which was cut through in seconds by the tea leaf.

Ive got to say that I approach cycling in Bristol with extreme caution - rarely leaving my bike for long and keeping it in the office when I commute in to work. The office is in central bristol and we've had four bikes nicked from the back of the building - despite being locked up ( fortunately none of mine!).

Unless CCTV surveillance cameras are being monitored by security or police officers which would allow them to act immediately in the event that suspicious activities were taking place, then CCTV surveillance cameras will simply record the incident as it did in this case.
However, looking at the video footage it may not be clear to someone monitoring if this guy is the genuine owner of the bike as the guy came into shot at 18:16:12 and got on the bike at 18:17:18. He wasn’t looking around and didn’t appear to act suspiciously.
Having notices stating that “CCTV surveillance cameras are in operation in this area” may well be a deterrent.

Back