Colnago Master Olympic build thread, and request for advice

Re: Colnago Master Olympic build thread, and request for adv

What a fantastic collection.
Sad about your loss but what a legacy!
I am currently rebuilding a 1981 Colnago Super. If you search the web you can find contemporary pictures of the bikes in use and old catalogues which will give you an idea of the period look. I can send you a pdf of the 1994 catalogue if you pm me with your email address.Your bikes cover such a long period that they will vary a lot.
Velobase has a very good directory of brands and parts and what was made in what period.
Good luck with it.
Dave

Thanks Dave, that's great. I'll pm you my email address, as a catalogue would be great.

I've been cleaning up down in the workshop this morning for a few hours. There is a blue Colnago Super in the workshop in used but reasonably good condition. There is a couple of pictures earlier in the thread, and I am guessing at circa 1980?.
It is fitted with what I believe is period correct Campagnolo components, san marco seat, cinelli bars, etc.
I'll clean it all up and post some pics.
I gather it might be worth a bit for the mother in law?

I'm thinking of going for Ambrosio wheels and have 3 to choose from.

Ambrosio Nexus, and Ambrosio Elite pictured above. There is also Ambrosio Evolution (below) to choose from. All have Shimano hubs fitted.

The Wolber wheels below also look cool, but have tubeless tyres and aren't really suitable for what I want. They can go on another frame :)

20130915_142524_zpsc2d42faa.jpg

20130915_142502_zpscf5ebf0d.jpg

Edited for context and phone autocorrect errors.

Change of plan :)

I went for the Mavic Open Pro, with new continental tyres. The rim colour matched the frame too perfectly not to!

I've kept a spare set of Ambrosio Nexus as well :)

Ratios solved. I went for a 12-25 9 speed cassette. I think that should do all I need.

The spare wheel has a straight through 13-21 fitted in case I change my mind again :LOL:

Those look like c record hubs on the Wolbers, mid to late 80's I guess.
Very nice - if you don't want them I would certainly consider buying them from you!
My guess is an early 80's Super frame could fetch £3-500 depending on history and condition.
Dave

Sadly, I think the Olmo has seen one winter too many to bring it back to life. It still rides ok, but the frame is rusty all over, and the components are rusty/ filthy.

The Blue Colnago Super I think is circa 1981/82, but looks to have had a respray at some stage which isn't ideal. It has a 1A stem, Cinelli Bars, and San Marco Seat. It still has Campy Record Mech, and Campy Veloce Brakes kit on it, which are is in pretty good condition and will clean up well.

The Austro Daimler Super Leight has not seen much use, and should clean up lovely. I think I will strip off the 1A stem, post, and Campag Crank, and clean up the frame to see how it looks.

The 1960's Cinelli Track frame is in very good condition. It has the original era steel drop track bars too.

The Blue Master Olympic was the usual summer bike for the last 7/8 years. It was very well looked after, and in great condition. This has been given to one of his friends who owned it before he did. It will continue to be ridden :)

I know nothing about the 'Flying Scot' frame. Anyone know about these?

There is 2 other bikes under the house that are unbranded, beyond saving, and ready for the tip.

There is a good condition early/mid 80's complete Raleigh BMX (Skyway?/ Burner?) that I haven't looked properly at yet.

A Sunn MTB, which is only about 2 years old, and hardly ridden. It's another one that I haven't looked at properly yet, as the older stuff is more interesting ;)

The Rabobank Colnago is now 90% built. Just a bit of cleaning, bar tape to go on, etc. I'll post up pics in the next few days.

please post cinelli track frame, that should make your mother in law some wedge,
edit

is it the white frame?

saarf":2wze9bxa said:
please post cinelli track frame, that should make you mother in law some wedge

It's this one, but I only have one pic at the moment.

Very clean, and the seat post moved with ease :)

Any idea on value?

20130912_151234_zpse54491ca.jpg

:mrgreen: I'll give you a bullseye for it

mate, if it's right, you're talking good dough, looks like it's had a bad paint job, which is a shame
How can you tell it's a Cinelli ?, some frame builders just used a Cinelli cast bb shell case, the seat post clamp from what I can see makes me think it could be right
if your's has the same detailing as pics, possibly your greatest find

Attachments

• 9770620581_585acf0c98_o.jpg
    9770620581_585acf0c98_o.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 9770620651_103f38e7bf_o.jpg
    9770620651_103f38e7bf_o.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 379

Latest posts

Back