Karma.If I were to Offer the ultimate Free, what?

I am so touched by people's offers of help to build this bike but I bought the frame in 2006 and it's been a member of the family for 7 years without ever been built up. I have my Clockwork and my hubby has his Dawes touring and I just want someone to do this bike justice. I've seen such love given to people's bikes so all I ask is a pic of the finished build :D

Alison

Alison where is your son based? if its down here in poole send it to me. ill fix it up with the help from retobike kama then ill ride it down the road and give it to him to use.

i wish it was smaller. i want to start doint bike rides for charity an could of used it for them. as i work at a comunity charity bike shop the build could take place ther hope it gets a good home

lumos2000":3cq47cla said:
Alison where is your son based? if its down here in poole send it to me. ill fix it up with the help from retobike kama then ill ride it down the road and give it to him to use.

My son is based in Plymouth, many miles from you I'm afraid, thanks for the lovely thought though.

Alison

If I were the fortunate one, I would do it something somewhat along the lines of a PinkBike, and do it a pink themed bike. Then raffle or high bid with all proceeds going towards breast cancer. Not even sure how to respond to something like this but, where my thoughts are right now.
Cheers and God bless.

This is very simple for me -

Build it, Ride it, Love it - Forever!
I have lusted after a P7 with this finish for years.

I am not saying I am going to love her in an unnatural way but I will treat her with respect and remain faithful.

I will send you reports from time to time and when she is old enough I will explain to her " Who her real Parents are"

Last bit for any more offers :)

I have put much thought into all the generous offers of help rebuilding it, and i'll admit I was a bit over the top in my posting of how it would feel to say goodbye to it, I certainly had plans to build it, but now I think it's time to pass it on.

So I'll stay with my original plan and thank folks for their generous offers.

Alison

I'm going to be completely selfish here, I've already too many bikes but that's purely down to the fact that I love them all too much to part with any, if I got this I would build it as well as I could afford, probably by stripping an existing bike down and keep this as a minty dry ride only bike lovingly polished and kept in a carpeted shed ;)
I'll drag my lot up to Malton for a ride with you once its built too Alison :D

I left the final decision to my little lad, he's spent the weekend reading peoples responses and read them all again this eve, he has chosen someone who's plan for the bike was one of the ones I also was considering, and the person Isaac has chosen is Videojetman, congratulation my good man :D

My grandfather died of cancer, he wouldn't go to the doctor, didn't want to make a fuss, but by the time he did go it was too late it was everywhere :cry: I haven't actually told Isaac this, he never knew him he died when my oldest was only 3.

Thank you all for your responses, and generous offers, I wish I had one for all :( I will look forward to seeing this little beaut fully built and ready to ride.

Alison

Back