For manitou lovers

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Check this wee bike out. I just stumbled on these pics whilst cruising about online. Strikes me its a good way to put your cracked manitou to good use. Built in germany by Juchem, apart from this I know nowt about it. Shame its not mine.

Attachments

• 005_original.jpg
    005_original.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 574
  • 002_1263663067.jpg
    002_1263663067.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 574
  • 001_1263663041.jpg
    001_1263663041.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 574
That was THE bike I lusted after when the original first came out bitd. First seen at Epping Forest being ridden by a young teen. I must confess the green eyed monster welled up inside for a bit :facepalm: such a shame they have a cracking issue or I would have one in a heartbeat. Wonder if they are as good to ride as they look. :? Its the best looking full suss bike I have ever seen as it still looks like a bicycle not a motocross bike. :roll:

Have you spotted the difference though? Its not actually a manitou, its a german built frame using the original manitou seatstays. Looks nicer than the original to me and is probably safe to ride unlike its answer built counterpart.

Looks good, and with the benifit of hind sight and advances it technology I guess its alot
stronger than the original

just looked at the website http://www.juchem-bike.de/ and it would appear they'll custom build you anything so I guess this is a "one off" creation

I'm in the process building a crackfree FS but you never know when you'll get bitten on the arse :cry:

when you look closely there are a number differences the seat post looks alot smaller diameter propably so you don't need an endless band FD,

Back