Bomber Z1 disc issue

Measure the distance between the holes. International standard is 51mm and prior to that it was for the formula pattern of 47mm (might be 48mm :? )
Problem is if its the latter is finding an adaptor to er... adapt it to fit a no5 caliper with IS pattern.

This place really surprises me at times :? People here have cnc parts made and some can even do it themselves with their own machines. Yet to see any mass production of them even though the problem exists.
That said there was a guy on ebay selling some from the ones he made but he was exploiting it somewhat and asking a totally ridiculous price :? $75 or something like that.
I have an amp fork which has a mount that is near useless for anything other than amp brake calipers., however there is an adaptor for it and im lucky enough to own it. Im intending to reproduce as many as i can as cheaply as multiple copies will allow.
Then offer them here for the percentage of the total + Postage.
Just getting confirmation on the alloy to be used, likely though anything modern will be a vast improvement on the original .

You may be lucky, you may not. Do your forks have tabs both sides? If so they're the older mount if I remember correctly. They're also quite small and don't sit far off the fork legs whereas the top tab of the IS ones are a bit longer.

Mindmap3":ecsmospc said:
You may be lucky, you may not. Do your forks have tabs both sides? If so they're the older mount if I remember correctly. They're also quite small and don't sit far off the fork legs whereas the top tab of the IS ones are a bit longer.
Spot on,I offered up the caliper today and its a couple of mm off.The lugs are too small for modification so it looks like I have to stick with Vs.Fully sorted Z1s with M960 Vs-heck,why was I bothering with a change in the first place :roll:

I had the same problem. Either hope calipers number 4 or maguras. I would go the magura route as it's cheapest and most easily available.

i just found a set of set of cullys dh beast brakes for my 97 z1's , made it alot easier in the end :LOL:

i have seen people file 1.5mm out of each hole on the fork and they have worked without issue .

That sir is awesome.

I remember seeing the adds in Dirt many moons ago. How well do they work out of interest?

there pretty strong , i'd say they compare to my old hope 6ti's for power :cool: i'm just looking for a early 90's frame to throw them on now

Back