RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Another great day out in the Peak District.

36 riders set out and only 11 completed the whole route with a couple of ride ending mechanicals and a few more who had to get back for pressing engagements.

And so:

Mechanical of the ride went to Longun for his disintegrated bottom bracket.

Crash of the ride went to slmracing for his over the bars at the bottom of Bradwell Edge amongst others.

Bike of the Ride was a close run thing with bhill22's Dave Yates Diablo and rc200ti's Pace RC200 F5 coming very close, both deserving honourable mentions.
There were also many other fine machines being ridden too.

But it was the Muddy Fox Sorcerer belonging to BadBaz77 which took the overall Bike of the Ride honours.
As a prize he took away a NOS Raleigh Mustang which was generously donated by legrandefromage.

It should also be noted that Longun won the Pin Dale climbing challenge this year. Perhaps this is what destroyed his bottom bracket.

Thanks as always to Spencer13 for providing post ride beer and to everyone who made the customary post ride bike jumble sale such a varied and well stocked affair.

Thanks also to everyone for coming along and riding.

It's always a pleasure to ride with such fine gentlemen and lady.

Post up your pictures and recollections here...

Re: RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMAT

Ow, my legs and hands hurt, I need new brake blocks before I go out again. Stopped once on the way back to baz's for him to try and get the cramp out of his legs. Now safely ensconced on his sofa for the evening with cider.

Carl

Top ride today!

I'm just out of the shower and now thinking back to how out of condition i am! Although nobody can be faulted for finding the peak district a handful but has many thrilling descents and gorgeous views that make it all worth the effort.

It was nice to ride with you all today and see some cool machinery, the food stop was a notch up on the 'other' venue too, they had food to sell....

I generally come home spent and quietly content on the days riding at the peaks. And a thasnks to the route masters and gate minders, cheers.

Some pics.....

I'll carry you....

you carry me. ;)

Never a more true statement.

Let's getting cracking then.

destination x.

:LOL:

Cro-mega in action..

minininjarob DH action.

Good to our ben back on form. :)

Look close suckers, the proper way to get around the peaks.....i think.

Now that is an idea...

:)

Ooops a daisy. :D

More crash stuff.

Don't laugh at him, he'll do it more.

Great day, see you all again.

minininja....brilliant, like the 'you've been framed' type of captioning too. SLM.....bloody hell, that was an off, the seat kicked you square in the ass.

Some comedy bum skids too, innit mr ship! Nd other "let's see how the mud tastes" falls.

Oddly, as you watch vids and see pics of something, it seems alot easier than real life. Now i'm saying "why didn't i just roll down there?" At the event though, very slippy, isn't it always.

cheers.

Im tired, i ache, im tired, im aching, but it was a good laugh!

A few of the descents were a bit washed out and dodgy for my tastes (my fault for riding rigid :LOL:) but i enjoyed it all, my arms ache from wheelieing the raleigh mustang in the carpark aswell haha!

Good to see the regulars again and meet a few new peeps, always good to put faces to names/usernames!

I didnt actually take overly many pics tbf, as my phone spends its time sealed in a bag in my camelbak so its awkward to keep getting out, ill fire up what i have tomorrow, for now im going to chill with a few beers whilst my bramble rash calms down after the shower ive just had!

6th year on the trot and i still cant get enough!!!

top day again, cheers guys and everyone involved.

had a few high and lows this year...

highs
now know more and more retrobikers and really feel part of something uber cool
got to the top of the first climb, well the mast climb without stopping and am super proud!!!
bike felt really comfy .....
sold some stuff
got some stuff lol
weather was on our side again
company and banter
hill climb champion, but to be fair, the rocks were shocking so everyone did well in my book!!
winning a prize

lows
never arriving early enough for a sit down breakie lol
lots of climbing....but strangely enjoyable
bloody bb on the revolvers went south....but theyre sortable....must fit that locking ring lol
missing the cafe and downhill bit at the end

cheers lady and gents, ace day

Apologies for absence - got in from a spot of 'clubbing' at 5am on Saturday morning and was sans vital signs for the rest of the day.
Loving the Kawasaki strip on show, good to see more Nishiki too!

Latest posts

Back