Saturday 14th September - Meet up at Hook Norton

Looks like from stow its Bobinnogs, theredchilli & myself

Going to look at meeting up with the gang heading down before the pub or one longer loop straight to the pub.

10ish start I guess for bit of a ride before 12 meet :cool:

Weather forecast is looking less moist....any more takers? The Atherstone retro-train is down to 3. Myself, Ken and John (not the boss man John). Matt cracked earlier this week (probably green top related).

grumpycommuter":2rplvjsf said:
Weather forecast is looking less moist....any more takers? The Atherstone retro-train is down to 3. Myself, Ken and John (not the boss man John). Matt cracked earlier this week (probably green top related).

You should of told Matt it was a sportive and £45 entry !!

School boy error Karl :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Tomorrow is nearly here!!

Prompt 10:30 start , PM for postcode and address details

Starting from Stow are three of us and have mapped a pretty sociable 50 miles total with the Hooky meet in the middle can be changed to peoples demands but looking at Sundays weather forecast tomorrow is going to be the riding day!! :shock:

See you in the morning :cool:

daj":20oft2zd said:
Tomorrow is nearly here!!

Prompt 10:30 start , PM for postcode and address details

Starting from Stow are three of us and have mapped a pretty sociable 50 miles total with the Hooky meet in the middle can be changed to peoples demands but looking at Sundays weather forecast tomorrow is going to be the riding day!! :shock:

See you in the morning :cool:

The Atherstone three-some is now a two-some and we are both itching to get going :roll:

Leaving Atherstone at 0800 so i guess Ken is planning a cup-of-tea break somewhere. Drop me a PM if you interested.

See you at lunchtime...

I have just been round the block to test The Conditions. The puddles are filling up nicely. Have fitted Bluemel's mudguards, height of fashion.

I was thinking of saving the tea stop for the return journey. It's going to take four hours each way because I'll be needing to ride like grandma, yes even more so than usual, to complete the distance.

See you on the morrow, Ken.

Great to see you all today, lovely ride and lovely company. Some nice bikes but no steel on the Stow possee :facepalm:

Hope Karl and Ken are back by now ;). I managed to get 101 miles in, just. Felt like a lot more by the end.

I'm currently refilling my tank with some fine bottle conditioned stout, kind of in(n) keeping with a day trip to a brewery. Dial-a-curry is on its way, wall to wall cycling on the box tomorrow. Shaping up to be a decent w/e, eh!!

Great ride in fantastic company !!!

I clocked up 53 but forgot to turn it on for a bit so maybe it was a bit more good climbing and speed today ...suffered but enjoyed :cool:

Having lived in the Cotswolds since 1988 unbelievable really it was my first visit to the brewery and deff go back to have a proper mooch round. The pub lunch meet with Karl and ken was spot on and well timed. Fantastic effort from both and very enjoyable to spend lunch talking usual rubbish !! :LOL:

The basis for more adventures I think ?

Today is the first morning after a hundred mile ride for me.

My symptoms were much alleviated by an enormous bacon & eggs brekkie. Thence to the supermarket where I could rely on to the trolley for support, then snooker practice where I used my cue mainly as a walking stick.

Absolutely crippled on arrival last night. Could hardly climb the stairs.

The ride itself was surprisingly easy going. One of those rare days where it seemed to be downhill in both directions. The last few miles were a voyage into the twilight zone, having not gone that far before. Miles 75 to 85 were a dozy, hypnotic affair.

Edith's famous flapjacks and a bottle of purple loopy juice from Balsall Common newsagent revived the last bit and we completed the distance as if it had been a much shorter ride.

There is nothing like a nutter on a fixie cruising past you with indecent ease on each climb to make you raise your game. Sincere thanks to Karl for looking after me.

That Hook Norton is within cycling distance of home is quite a discovery so I'm pleased as punch with that.

Definitely game for more such adventures in the spring.

I'm hoping to regain full use of my legs later in the week.

Cheers, Ken

Back