The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dawes Fat Chance circa? 1998/2000 in a poorish state down the alley and need to move it to make space for logs now winter is upon us. There is a re-cycling place not far away and I am tempted to bite the bullet and give it to them but my bank account is calling me. Is there any point in trying to fix it and sell it - any point meaning will I get more than £50 for it after much huffing and puffing and buffing? Any comments welcome, other than sheer abuse.

foxweasel":3efr8r1z said:
I have a Dawes Fat Chance circa? 1998/2000 in a poorish state down the alley and need to move it to make space for logs now winter is upon us. There is a re-cycling place not far away and I am tempted to bite the bullet and give it to them but my bank account is calling me. Is there any point in trying to fix it and sell it - any point meaning will I get more than £50 for it after much huffing and puffing and buffing? Any comments welcome, other than sheer abuse.

It might be a bit earlier? Early nineties?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70703

Anyway probably worth 30-40 quid.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Thanks for that, and the welcome. Does the list in blue signify other bikes owned? I've also got a Marin - left by my son who died in 2008. Should that bike appear below my postings somehow?

foxweasel":1g9yorzl said:
Thanks for that, and the welcome. Does the list in blue signify other bikes owned? I've also got a Marin - left by my son who died in 2008. Should that bike appear below my postings somehow?

Yeah list of your bikes, add it in "user panel" under signatures. You add text yourself.

Marins are generally quite good. Sorry to hear about your son.

foxweasel":1kdntjy2 said:
Sorry - bit of a forum nerd. Where do I find "user panel" please? Can I put other details like location?

Wrong word by me, its "control panel" top right corner. Then profile on left hand side.

Coleman":3ctkcdbk said:
Here's one for the RB market to price:

Tushingham B52.

What do you reckon is a fair price?
I'll bite... Probably needs/deserves £300+ of paint and parts to put it into the £500+ full bike league, so £200+ :?:

One Lawwill Leader for controltech sus fork
Couple of cracks on the crown over the screw holes. Possible solution could be to add a nut to the back as the screw hole goes right through Otherwise it looks the part for the garage queen or spares for another fork.

OR have made a new crown(which is the option i would look at)

Spares or repairs worth ?? Given difficult to get now.

:) Ta

lrh":2yngr90b said:
Coleman":2yngr90b said:
Here's one for the RB market to price:

Tushingham B52.

What do you reckon is a fair price?
I'll bite... Probably needs/deserves £300+ of paint and parts to put it into the £500+ full bike league, so £200+ :?:

Thanks LRH - I was thinking £250 shipped so not far off, will list it and see!

My first post and my xyz is a pair of Caramba Double Barrel cranks! These have been with me since day one and aside from some trouser rub are straight and great mechanically. Anodized red in colour I have seen these for sale for silly money, would welcome a real life appraisal on worth :) Funds will be going towards a Cannondale rebuild which so far is a Cannondale stripdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back