BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

sinnerman":31wu61k9 said:
An increased picture month might be nice....? (example), the bike before, the bike after, the bike being built/assembled, and finally an action shot of the bike being ridden..... :?

A little more effort required by each entrant, but hey BOTM title Is worth the Effort IMHO.

Link to build thread?

how about an anonymous month.
would be bikes that you have never posted here before.
entries are emailed to moderator who posts them as
#1, 2, 3..............
could give a couple months advanced warning for members to get something ready.

MTB built with CNC parts.

MTB that has (specified) letter on the model name

MTB with numbers on the model name

Ductape":9op0o3ag said:
sinnerman":9op0o3ag said:
An increased picture month might be nice....? (example), the bike before, the bike after, the bike being built/assembled, and finally an action shot of the bike being ridden..... :?

A little more effort required by each entrant, but hey BOTM title Is worth the Effort IMHO.

Link to build thread?

Build threads DONT ensure, before pics anymore than a ride pic.

The competition would do though.!

I tend to look into the build threads of the bikes I see and like on BOTM. I think it is part of my decision making process for voting. As far as ride photo's go, I don't have a hang up if the entrant doesn't have ride pics (I ride my old bikes though). Just seems to me there are probably people who have physical limitations that minimize their riding ability but still dig restoring an old bicycle. Also, restoring and cleaning a bike takes months. Not always in a hurry to get it dirty again. Thats just my process though and I am only good for one vote.

Archemist":labycxq5 said:
coomber":labycxq5 said:
If there's a Europe v N America BOTM i'm avoiding the thread! Will be handbags at dawn!
Archemist":labycxq5 said:
Ryder Cup Month

(GB & Europe vs USA)

Otherwise known as

"Handbags at Dawn!" :LOL:

It's like dejau vu all over again :LOL:

Lack of sleep here everything is on repeat! Sorry!

coomber":254z3qqn said:
Archemist":254z3qqn said:
coomber":254z3qqn said:
If there's a Europe v N America BOTM i'm avoiding the thread! Will be handbags at dawn!
Archemist":254z3qqn said:
Ryder Cup Month

(GB & Europe vs USA)

Otherwise known as

"Handbags at Dawn!" :LOL:

It's like dejau vu all over again :LOL:

Lack of sleep here everything is on repeat! Sorry!

Was the pun intended? :LOL:

Retro_Roy":2rmb6bfw said:
how about an anonymous month.
would be bikes that you have never posted here before.
entries are emailed to moderator who posts them as
#1, 2, 3..............
could give a couple months advanced warning for members to get something ready.

I think this is a top idea; wouldn't necessarily have to be a bike you haven't posted before because they tend to get sold around the forum on a regular basis so a 'similar' looking bike need not be the 'same' bike?

...a word of caution though; if you call it a silly 'non-standard' name, put brightly coloured shorty mudguards or an 'unpopular' fork on it everyone will think it's one of mine! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back