'93 MT.Shasta - old and battered replaced for better

Hey no worries, To be fair they're such short travel they're not far off rigid anyway :LOL:

Guess i'll just have to find myself a shasta to put them on as it seems a waste to put them back in the box. Yeah they're proper NOS mint, I dont know if you noticed but they even still have the original swing price tag on them!

Im a bit confused have your forks gone pink with t-cut? on my screen they look like some sort of klein fade and a really good match for the CV7 stickers :?

Kult Friction":2se5ojvf said:
Guess i'll just have to find myself a shasta to put them on as it seems a waste to put them back in the box. Yeah they're proper NOS mint..

FWIW, I do have a (very unmint) '93 MT.Shasta Alu F&F looking for a new home:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;start=0

So there's an offer for you now ;) . Or I could build it up and have a pair of Tempests.. :D

Kult Friction":2se5ojvf said:
I'm a bit confused have your forks gone pink with t-cut? on my screen they look like some sort of klein fade and a really good match for the CV7 stickers :?

Your screen does not lie. They've gone pink due to sunlight. The frame they came off is the same. BITD they spent a fair amount of time parked outdoors, leaning against a wall in all weathers :facepalm: . The effect it has had I liken to a rather Kleinesque Linear fade. I hadn't noticed the colour match with the pink CV-7 sticker -Good point!
The T-cut has got rid of all the superficial marks and given the forks a shine again, leaving them with just the pittedness (?word) which is down to the metal. If they were weren't pitted I would stick them on in a flash. If I do shove them on, I know I will miss the Switchblades straight away :?

Finished-almost..

Original forks are fitted. They are staying on.
Feels lighter on the front end but handling is not quite as sharp as it was with the switchblades.
Added a Zoom stem to compliment the seatpost - bit shorter as far as reach is concerned but I will get away with it.
Tioga Knobbly tyres are back on for Winter.
'94 M535 spds fitted

The only thing left to do to it is fit some Tioga hand grips and thats it. Just ride it.

Looks great mate. Well proportioned, nicely spec'd and dying to be ridden :D

Back