15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

Defo on the road ride! I could upload the tearfund route I you liked, first half of it anyroads.

Looking the part on the bus btw! Nae dura ace hidden about?

no sign of a freebie, normally when they come into the office it's a free for all (certainly used to be wi the old adidas gear) just loadsa of water and towels lying about

it's a big bus for a nine seater...

open to suggestions, was thinking myself of park up at leadhills or there abouts and take a ride around and down to drumlanrig. back to car via mennock & the mennock pass (scotlands premier alpine pass :D :D )

be interested to see the tearfund

Weather is not looking bad tomorrow so I might head down to Kinlochleven in the morning for a late morning start.
I'll keep checking the forecast etc but Drumlanrig is a bit further than I wanted to drive this weekend.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2bd4xlug said:
Weather is not looking bad tomorrow so I might head down to Kinlochleven in the morning for a late morning start.
I'll keep checking the forecast etc but Drumlanrig is a bit further than I wanted to drive this weekend.

Jamie

:shock:

Have you got shares in Esso James?

No shares in Esso but have been looking forward to this ride and saving fuel tokens accordingly ;)
I have to pick out rides and plan a bit more now as the fuel costs are crippling, hence why some rides I would love to go to but cost me £100 in fuel, so a camping weekend still doesn't end up that cheap. But, the car is fuelled, the bike is perfect and I go with the families blessing.
At least, on my own I can turn off at Dingwall and head over to the west somewhere if I dont want to drive all the way.

Jamie

Understood but why not save the tokens until something major happening - something like Mr Panda's Winter Mountain Extravaganza somewhere north of Fort William or perhaps even Inverness :twisted:

:shock:

And a bothy :xmas-cool:

Sounds good, when?, where?
You better hope theres no wind or rain or the winter extravaganza will be rescheduled for May ;)
The weather forecast is actually good for tomorrow so will definately head out for some decent riding somewhere, just looked forward to the company of the macretro clan, but Drumlanrig is too far for a run of the mill type ride and I'm not a big fan of trail centres. Dont get me wrong, they are good rides but certainly not worth a long drive, I'm more an 'explore the wild places type guy' such as Skye and Torrindon type rides.

Jamie

Back