97 Kona Cinder Cone

Awesome pic! Furthest it got with me was round the yard and across a bit gravel drive! I did wonder how the judys would feel on a proper ride compared to modern suspension. Bet it gets a few acknowledging looks from those with modern steeds. Still like the striking contrast of the blue and yellow on this bike. Enjoy mate.

prezza":h1l7affq said:
Awesome pic! Furthest it got with me was round the yard and across a bit gravel drive! I did wonder how the judys would feel on a proper ride compared to modern suspension. Bet it gets a few acknowledging looks from those with modern steeds. Still like the striking contrast of the blue and yellow on this bike. Enjoy mate.

Cheers, that's the top of Bicknoller Combe on the Quantocks just about to go downhill :D

The Judy's go so well with the decals! They do seem quite soft, even with the rebound all the way up. What weight rider are the springs rated for?

Matt

The springs are Kronos 160lbs+ which have the anodised green cup. That's around 11.5 stone up to their next spring which is a 190lbs+ which is about 13.5 stone and over with anodised purple cups.

I weigh 13 stone of pure(ish) muscle so guessed the stiffer ones might be a bit too stiff and unresponsive. In hindsight maybe I was wrong!
You can get replacements off net if you search for Judy springs. These Kronos ones are from USA and work out around 27 quid posted. The guy who sells em is aware of this site, a top bloke, and will avoid you import tak by way he packages it.

I'm sure someone would buy the medium springs in them if you opted for stiffer ones as I fitted them new so they've only done the miles you have buddy.

Prezza

prezza":1k3uo3bu said:
Matt

The springs are Kronos 160lbs+ which have the anodised green cup. That's around 11.5 stone up to their next spring which is a 190lbs+ which is about 13.5 stone and over with anodised purple cups.

I weigh 13 stone of pure(ish) muscle so guessed the stiffer ones might be a bit too stiff and unresponsive. In hindsight maybe I was wrong!
You can get replacements off net if you search for Judy springs. These Kronos ones are from USA and work out around 27 quid posted. The guy who sells em is aware of this site, a top bloke, and will avoid you import tak by way he packages it.

I'm sure someone would buy the medium springs in them if you opted for stiffer ones as I fitted them new so they've only done the miles you have buddy.

Prezza

They will be perfect for me as I'm just over 11.5 stone. I didn't bottom them out so I think they'll be fine. I guess the elastomers would have been less responsive.

I'm impressed by them.

Back