1976 Peugeot P10

Roamings

Dirt Disciple
Hi to everyone. New to the forum, and to bikes in the last year. Got the bug now.

I've had my Peugeot since 2011 but it has seen many different stages, once regretfully as a single speed.

In the last month I have been building her up again geared as she was intended to be. Learning along the way as I've been completely new to this.

Anyway, here she is. From 2011 prior to my purchase to now.

9726285604_63304424a5_o.jpg

9723056961_eb6b6c1012_c.jpg

kgt":xnuw6o85 said:
The turbo is out of place...and rims...

Cheers.

I thought about building it up to it's original spec, but decided to modernize it in parts... It's a bloody comfy seat too!

I'll be changing the bottom-bracket, cranks and freewheel when I find funds to do so... Possibly headset, stem and bars after.

Or onto a new project.

Flandria":10stv5rc said:
Nice bike! How did you painted the black lugs? Love it to see such before/after pictures :)

Cheers.

It was actually the previous owner who I bought the bike off who redid the paintwork. I may try contacting him to ask, as It's taken a fair few scratches since then. So if I do, I will post up his reply.

The white lugs confused me no end before I knew he repainted them wilst I was trying to work out what model and year it was.

She did her first over 100km ride over the weekend. Sunny Worthing to London on Friday, then back on Tuesday, 140km each way.

Not one problem. But i do need a 30 something tooth small chainring. 40 nearly killed me on some of the steeper climbs.

47p2":2rjlc06u said:
Nice work there... that seatpost is high

I'm actually pretty tall, so it's the perfect height for me.

Was surprised how comfortable a ride it was over that distance.

Back