15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

As an alternative, can I put forward Drumlanrig? Bit of biking round the trails and then watch the finish of the first stage of the Tour of Britain? If there was much keeness, we could maybe do the Wanlockhead trail?

Would be nice to get out on the Sunday, still looks windy down Drumlanrig way, but less rain, and you do get a fair bit of shelter from the trees. Plus bonus watch the end of the stage (if we get back in time). Wanlockhead would probably be a bit exposed and grim though?

http://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/DG3_4AQ

Still thinking I'll try and get out on Saturday too.

I think we're off Jamie, barring a miracle with the weather. Looks like gusting to gale force on Sunday for Glencoe, plus plenty rain.

Our Ben Nevis adventure has made me wary

Yep looking at Metoffice forecast for Glencoe on sunday still heavy rain and windy all day.

Unless any objections i will edit the title and postpone this until May onwards next year so we can make a weekend camping out of it.

drumlanrig also looks wet/windy on sunday now as is much of the whole of the country...feckin typical. much kudos to TK for persevering on the great glen run (doff thy hat sir).

anybody got any ideas for trying to do something centralish on saturday or we just going local (i have a prob in that have to take the wifes car into garage sat am so would have to be 11ish onwards for me)

yeah the heavy rain looks to be passing in the AM of Sunday but the wind remains, shame was looking forward to this one. the worst of the weather has gradually been moving forward, be interesting to see the update forecast at lunch-time today.

can't do saturday I'm afraid, would still be up for something on sunday. the PM looks best, virtually no rain. would be up for the wanlockhead kaiser if you want to brave it??

Still up for Sunday G at Drum, if the weather is miserable then cutting about Drumlanrig isn't too bad, it never seems to get that wet under the trees. If it does brighten up then we could do the Wanlockhead trail.

I think you guys need to come camping with me this winter. January or February is best as it gives the ice a chance to get deep into the ground.
After which rain will be be like a summers day ;)

metoffice noon update still has heavy rain all day at glencoe and winds. so looks like this is a definate cancellation. fecking typcial been braw for weeks and then atlantic depression hits the weekend we want to ride glenoe.

i will definately reorganise this for next year though as looks a cracker.

Back