SW - Haldon Forest, Exeter retro ride - Sunday 13th October

Re: SW - Haldon Forest, Exeter retro ride - Sunday 13th Octo

It's quite a turn into the cattle grid, luckily I know its there and lived on a farm so am used to them. Sounds nasty but at the same time, could easily have broken a wrist on it.

coomber":25zpao9y said:
It's quite a turn into the cattle grid, luckily I know its there and lived on a farm so am used to them. Sounds nasty but at the same time, could easily have broken a wrist on it.
Yep, three hours in A&E confirmed nothing was broken, so just the pain and swelling to put up with, and no risk of permanent damage. Gives me another story to tell :D.

Regards

I was doing my volunteer trail maintenance up there yesterday working on 1st part of red between about 10.30 & 3.00, didn't spot any obvious retro riders but maybe you rode right by me. A Whyte rider wiped out heavily just past us & needed 1st aid from the ranger. I picked up his bike, think the semi slicks were partly responsible.

I was on modern and didnt get there till gone four Jim. Was really quiet at that time.

I was keen to come, its been a while since I did a retro ride/meet but theres runrider on that day!! Any chance of moving to the 20th??

http://www.runrider.co.uk/

Is this ride still on for the 13th?

I seem to have a busy October, so as well as this ride, I have my wife's birthday, a bit of a break over half term and a bike to build for another forum member. :mrgreen:

Coomber: Lord alone knows what was in the glue you used to fix that puncture, but if that's what Haldon looked like after a sniff.... I'll take a box of it please.

Neil.. Get the wife on her marin and bring her along!

Looking forward to this.

Was up on Sunday doing some riding and a bit of shhhh! secret trail building ;) nice conditions at the moment.

Noooo not going to be able to get to this as I'm in London

I should be there & Jon says he can make it. Will this be the best attended SW ride of the year?

Back