Parcel ;P (tiny GT content)

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Can you tell what it is yet? ;) (sorry, bad joke :oops: )

p4pb10032358.jpg

Re: Parcel ;P

Ha! :LOL: . Amazing it arrived in one piece really. First attempt, the courier refused to collect it as it wasn't wrapped at all :shock: . Fair play to TNT though for safe delivery and I now have loads of bubble wrap for future ebay sales :D .

p4pb10033186.jpg

It's a tiny 1998 Timberline, desperately in need of mama's loving (like last year's Explosif project, and I guess many tiny bikes, I think this one too has had a previous life as a trials machine judging by the scars beneath the downtube). Pic doesn't do the colour justice - it's a lovely bright teal, more green than blue - now where's my touch up paint? It's gonna be a busy weekend :p

Cheers!

Paint is really rough but I'm impatient and need to ride it so planning to swap one or two bits over and retouch over time. Was planning flat bars, Indy SLs and cantis but the colour on those Planet X risers is amazing (sort of midnight teal) so reckon they'll stay for the mo'. Stem has been swapped or a shorter one though.

Edit: Just been out for a quick spin - reckon this one is a keeper - rides great despite the rear wheel missing a spoke and both being horrendously out of true - bit of tlc this evening I reckon.

p4pb10036655.jpg

All done now! Took an absolute age to retouch the paint scuffs and although not perfect I reckon it looks pretty tidy. Rides really nicely but now it's done once again I have the itch for another resto so I plan on moving it on to make way for another Kona. If anyone's interested in the frame, forks, seatpost and stem then please get in touch and I'll get some close-up pics of the paint damage.

p4pb10090248.jpg

Back