Which American Courier Company?

flash

Retrobike Rider
I'm trying to buy a MTB frame from NW States, the guy selling is having problems getting sensible quotes. Any idea who to try? 18" bare frame in a small box.

Get him to use USPS, should be able to comfortably package a frame into a box small enough to keep the shipping somewhere around $75-85

I don't think anyone else comes close to USPS. I've had to ask that same question a couple of times before but I think it's finally embedded itself in my brain now :LOL:

flash":2oxuhv3n said:
$500 with Fed Ex.
That's outrageous! Have you got the actual dimensions? I can compare with the rates my employer gets to give you an idea what you should be paying. Be warned though, shipping fresh air is incredibly expensive, so get it packed as tightly as possible.

He's going to weigh and measure it. So watch this space. Thanks for your suggestions so far.....

USPS is now trackable door to door, or in practice, parcelforce depot. It takes 2-4 days to get to the UK, where it sits in Customs for another week...

Not to sound like a broken record at this point but since I am here in the States...

USPS

As long as the package is less than 108 inches length plus girth, which is length+width+height+length+height. then it should be okay

I did a quick price quote and USPS Priority Mail is $100.

Note: your seller may have to cut down a bike box to get it below 108 inches, sometimes people get lazy and then just give up and say it will cost a thousand dollars.

Steven

Right the box is: a 45"x26"x7" with a 18" steel frame and seat post in...
Weight, still to be determined....

Back